ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Help To Become Legal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Cam2010
Newly Registered

Need Help To Become Legal

Post by Cam2010 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:35 am

My current status is overstayer however my girlfriend is British Citizen. How can I apply to become legal? Can I marry her and would I become legal that way? How does it all work? Will I have to go back to my country and then apply? What are the chances of a successfull application?

All help is appreciated

prettypolitical

Post by prettypolitical » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:43 am

Hi, Cam2010

My take on the information you have given would be to go back to your country of origin, marry there and apply for a spouse visa or if you are not ready to get married a fiance visa.....you should decide which one suits you.

Making sure you have all the evidence as the Home Office will scruitinse everything!!! you can check out the forum as to what sort of evidence is needed the list is endless.......be thorough thats all i will say.

That is your quickest route and its better to go back on your own accord rather than to be deported and be in a worse position than you are now.

What are the reasons for over staying?

To legalise your stay here at the moment is not looking successful - going on the facts you have stated!

If you go back it may take time but if you have the right evidence and you satisfy the criteria you will be able to wlak around freely and enjoy your life together!!!! :D
???REUNITED???

John

Post by John » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:34 am

Cam2010, where are you from, which country?

Also can you detail your UK immigration history?
John

Cam2010
Newly Registered

Post by Cam2010 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:44 am

Thanks for the reply guys. I am from South America. Someone told me I can apply for Certificate of Approval to marry a british citizen and then apply for marriage visa without going having to go back to my country. Is this possible or is it best to go back to my country and then apply for fiance or marriage visa?

John

Post by John » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:51 am

Someone told me I can apply for Certificate of Approval to marry a british citizen and then apply for marriage visa without going having to go back to my country.
Who was that someone? And is that someone aware that an application for a spouse visa in the UK will take years to process, and even then it is not guaranteed to succeed?

Which country are you from, and if there any particular reason why you cannot return to your country to apply for a visa?

And again, your UK immigration history?
John

Cam2010
Newly Registered

Post by Cam2010 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:15 am

John wrote:
Someone told me I can apply for Certificate of Approval to marry a british citizen and then apply for marriage visa without going having to go back to my country.
Who was that someone? And is that someone aware that an application for a spouse visa in the UK will take years to process, and even then it is not guaranteed to succeed?

Which country are you from, and if there any particular reason why you cannot return to your country to apply for a visa?

And again, your UK immigration history?
Sorry for late eply, interne problems. I am from brazil. One of my friends told me but he not immigration expert. I have no reason not to return, i thought it would be quicker if i could get stay by marrying here instead of going back home. It seems that is not possible so I will have to go back home, marry and then apply to come over here.

Me being overstayer, will this affect my application for husband visa? Also, if i leave the country through heathrow, will they notice my visa been expired and hand me over to the police or something like that?

John

Post by John » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:42 am

Me being overstayer, will this affect my application for husband visa?
I have asked you twice for your UK immigration history, and apart from saying you are an overstayer you have not replied.

When you do give details I shall reply to your question.
John

Cam2010
Newly Registered

Post by Cam2010 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:41 am

John wrote:
Me being overstayer, will this affect my application for husband visa?
I have asked you twice for your UK immigration history, and apart from saying you are an overstayer you have not replied.

When you do give details I shall reply to your question.
Oh sorry, i thought i stated my immigration history in my last post. I came to this country on student visa which has expired. I have worked here and there cash in hand and didnt study.