ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

worked for 2 companies earning confusion

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kamran9558
Newly Registered

worked for 2 companies earning confusion

Post by kamran9558 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Hey guys,

In the last 12 months I have worked for 2 employers, from june2009-august2009 for employer A, and from sept 2009-present for employer B.
I am planning to present employer's letter with bank statements.

a) What type of letter should I get from employer A ,im asking this because I worked for this company for 2 years, should I ask them to confirm in the letter about all this period or should I just ask them to confirm for the last three months for whom im claiming the earnings.

b) In both my employments my salary was in USD but i was paid in Saudi Riyals as my bank account is in saudi riyals, and probably both companies will mention my salary in USD in the employment letter, what should I do in this case and how should I present it in cover letter.

c) in the points calculator in the earnings section(enter your earnings) when I enter my salary (either in saudi Riyal or USD) after applying the currency conversion calculator shows me total earnings in pound sterlings as 42000, and salary equivalent as 97000, and awarding me 45 points.
This thing is confusing me alot, because if I select the option of "select the relevant band" I get 25 points (using the band 40k to 49k).

Guys please help me out, I know you guys are all busy but please help me out in these queries.

ChetanOjha

Re: worked for 2 companies earning confusion

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:47 pm

a. You have to atleast get the details of the months you are using for earnings. Download below template from here:

b. Letter from your employer must corroborate your bank statement. So if your bank statement shows Saudi Riyals then your employer's letter should also mention the same.

c. If your salary falls in 40K-49K band, I would recommend to use that band.
kamran9558 wrote:Hey guys,

In the last 12 months I have worked for 2 employers, from june2009-august2009 for employer A, and from sept 2009-present for employer B.

a) What type of letter should I get from employer A ,im asking this because I worked for this company for 2 years, should I ask them to confirm in the letter about all this period or should I just ask them to confirm for the last three months for whom im claiming the earnings.

b) In both my employments my salary was in USD but i was paid in Saudi Riyals as my bank account is in saudi riyals, and probably both companies will mention my salary in USD in the employment letter, what should I do in this case and how should I present it in cover letter.

c) in the points calculator in the earnings section(enter your earnings) when I enter my salary (either in saudi Riyal or USD) after applying the currency conversion calculator shows me total earnings in pound sterlings as 42000, and salary equivalent as 97000, and awarding me 45 points.
This thing is confusing me alot, because if I select the option of "select the relevant band" I get 25 points (using the band 40k to 49k).

Guys please help me out, I know you guys are all busy but please help me out in these queries.

[iD]

Re: worked for 2 companies earning confusion

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:47 am

kamran9558 wrote:Hey guys,

Type of letter chetanojha posted from both employers. It doesn't matter what period you worked there, what matter is what you earned during the period you are claiming. Just add a line in the letter saying "Below is a breakdown of his salary for the period [period you are claiming date-date]."

This will confuse the hell out of caseworker for sure. IMHO you should write a letter explaining all this and do the conversion USD to Riyals or vice versa on the date salary credited to your account and see if it collaborates with the amount in your payslip, also explain all the conversion in a cover letter. It'd still be confusing but I really can't see you doing it any other way.

Make sure you are using uplift ratio (if it applies to you) and then check what your salary comes up to. See Policy guidance on how to use uplift ratio.

Goodluck.

kamran9558
Newly Registered

Post by kamran9558 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:51 am

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help, I wasnt applying the uplift ratio properly, as it was 2.3 and I was using as 1.
Regarding the letter if I ask my employers to mention my salary in both saudi riyals and Usd e.g 3000 USD (11250 SAR) would it be fine, because in saudi arabia banks and companies use a standard rate of 1 USD=3.75 SAR irrespective of daily exchange rates.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 pm

kamran9558 wrote:Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help, I wasnt applying the uplift ratio properly, as it was 2.3 and I was using as 1.
Regarding the letter if I ask my employers to mention my salary in both saudi riyals and Usd e.g 3000 USD (11250 SAR) would it be fine, because in saudi arabia banks and companies use a standard rate of 1 USD=3.75 SAR irrespective of daily exchange rates.
sounds ok
Goodluck.