ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

It's pretty obvous to me that HO will cap extensions

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukswus

It's pretty obvous to me that HO will cap extensions

Post by ukswus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 pm

Look at this:

1.5 Only Tiers 1 and 2 of the PBS are in scope for this work. Our
recommended limit for Tier 1 will apply to the current Tier 1 general route
only, including dependants. It will apply to inflows into and from within Tier 1
from both within and outside the UK. It will therefore include in-country
migrants switching into, and extending under, Tier 1.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

So, they want to push into quota not only the new applicants, but also the extenders and their family members. What this means is that it doesn't matter if you have a good career in the UK, if you play by all rules etc. Come the extension time, ANYONE can be kicked out of the country, just because they were "too late". What a fair game.

This is even worse than in the States with their ridiculous H1B visa.

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:44 pm

Also think about other consequences to this uncertainty. For example, suppose you want to find a new job about a year before your current visa is supposed to expire. Will it be easy to find an employer who will agree to take you on, without knowing if you will be able to fit into the quota? The same applies to spouses. What about children going to schools and told to get out, because daddy wasn't able to get an extension?

What about companies that have invested into their staff with Tier 1 and 2, and want to keep them? Is it a business-friendly policy to uproot established staff, whose only fault was that they did not manage to apply soon enough?

Also, 2012 will be a pretty interesting year. Both those who got Tier 1 in 2009 and in 2010 will apply for extension. Will they all compete for the same limit?

This all increasingly looks like a nightmare scenario.
Last edited by ukswus on Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:13 pm

unbelievable, I cannot understand why they want to recommend limit on extension and dependant.

renzokuken

Post by renzokuken » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:15 pm

another thought, what happen if a couple on Tier-1 in the UK having a baby, and the quota for that year has been reached. Will they reject the application for the newborn?

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:51 pm

renzokuken wrote:another thought, what happen if a couple on Tier-1 in the UK having a baby, and the quota for that year has been reached. Will they reject the application for the newborn?
Illegal baby :twisted:

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:55 pm

Wont be illegal. But if the baby has to travel then he/she wont be able to return to UK until the quota opens again to get a visa. :(

robdylan

Post by robdylan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:20 pm

Is anyone else considering early extension to get around this problem?

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:24 pm

robdylan wrote:Is anyone else considering early extension to get around this problem?
Can one extend, say, 1,5 ahead of their visa expiry? Or should there be a very good reason for this (I suppose the imminent cap won't count?)

letmec2006

Hi

Post by letmec2006 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:44 pm

1.5 It will therefore include in-country

What I feel is that "extending under, Teir 1" means extending say from PSW or from Investor (Which are still Teir 1 categories) to Teir 1 General.
This may not be nessesarily mean Teir 1 general extensions.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: It's pretty obvous to me that HO will cap extensions

Post by prisat » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:32 pm

ukswus wrote:Look at this:

1.5 Only Tiers 1 and 2 of the PBS are in scope for this work. Our
recommended limit for Tier 1 will apply to the current Tier 1 general route
only, including dependants. It will apply to inflows into and from within Tier 1
from both within and outside the UK. It will therefore include in-country

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

So, they want to push into quota not only the new applicants, but also the extenders and their family members. What this means is that it doesn't matter if you have a good career in the UK, if you play by all rules etc. Come the extension time, ANYONE can be kicked out of the country, just because they were "too late". What a fair game.

This is even worse than in the States with their ridiculous H1B visa.
This will not happen !!!! UK is a global country and they are very well aware of the fact that what tax means to them..... and what is their source of tax !!!!

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:16 pm

Fantastic !! :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Wonder if they will cap :
number of Bus and rail cards, Tesco clubcard points, Nectar points, Pints of milk at the supermarkets, legs of chicken at a restaurant, pints of beer, litres of water, rolls of tissue paper, number of Hayfever and Diahorrea tablets too. :mrgreen:

Guess I will do a lot better with a few pints of beer before I get to bed tonight ..... :twisted:

@indianinworld: Mate, you still celebrating that you got your Tier 1 today? :mrgreen: :wink:

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:06 am

aruni4470 wrote:Wont be illegal. But if the baby has to travel then he/she wont be able to return to UK until the quota opens again to get a visa. :(
I bet you a thousand pounds that it'll be challenged in the court as soon as it comes out. Stopping wives to be with their husbands or vice versa, or children to be with their parents (specially when we will be paying for ourselves) is pure unethical. It will make Govt and this country look like bunch of greedy bastards who just take migrants like cash cows and nothing else.
I don't care but I would definitely want someone to sue their sorry little asses for that.
Also, it's against basic human rights in my opinion
Goodluck.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:06 am

[iD] wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:Wont be illegal. But if the baby has to travel then he/she wont be able to return to UK until the quota opens again to get a visa. :(
I bet you a thousand pounds that it'll be challenged in the court as soon as it comes out. Stopping wives to be with their husbands or vice versa, or children to be with their parents (specially when we will be paying for ourselves) is pure unethical. It will make Govt and this country look like bunch of greedy bastards who just take migrants like cash cows and nothing else.
I don't care but I would definitely want someone to sue their sorry little asses for that.
Also, it's against basic human rights in my opinion
Do you think they (Govt) would not have thought about it? By the time somebody challenges them and wins, there will be people who gets affected and that too badly. I dont think they care about how they look, the main aim is to cut the immigration in whatever way possible. If they cut the Tier 1/Tier 2 visas, there will be huge hue and cry and this way the Govt can get some political mileage and say we are committed to our promises whatever the outcome. The people of UK have voted for this Govt because it promised to cut immigration and that is what the Govt is doing and what the common English man wants (whether it is doing in the right way is a different point altogether). A common English man doesnt know the advantage of skilled migrants. All he thinks is that we are here snatching their jobs or living on benefits costing the economy. They do not know that we are not eligible for any of the benefits and we pay complete taxes, not a single penny less. God help us..

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:44 am

aruni4470 wrote:
Do you think they (Govt) would not have thought about it? By the time somebody challenges them and wins, there will be people who gets affected and that too badly. I dont think they care about how they look, the main aim is to cut the immigration in whatever way possible. If they cut the Tier 1/Tier 2 visas, there will be huge hue and cry and this way the Govt can get some political mileage and say we are committed to our promises whatever the outcome. The people of UK have voted for this Govt because it promised to cut immigration and that is what the Govt is doing and what the common English man wants (whether it is doing in the right way is a different point altogether). A common English man doesnt know the advantage of skilled migrants. All he thinks is that we are here snatching their jobs or living on benefits costing the economy. They do not know that we are not eligible for any of the benefits and we pay complete taxes, not a single penny less. God help us..
cutting down on T1 is a different thing but stopping families to live with their loved ones is a different matter altogether. I say either close Tiers 123455 whatever altogether or apply it properly and sensibly. Even if they'd put a cap dependants and someone wins the case they'll have to go back and past and correct all the mistakes like they're doing with HSMP Judicial Review.
Goodluck.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:41 am

sojan

Post by sojan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:25 pm

ukswus wrote:
robdylan wrote:Is anyone else considering early extension to get around this problem?
Can one extend, say, 1,5 ahead of their visa expiry? Or should there be a very good reason for this (I suppose the imminent cap won't count?)
hmm... i dont think 1.5 yrs is possible
Can someone confirm the earliest possible date of extension?