ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS HAPPENED?????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS HAPPENED?????

Post by Confused and worried » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:24 am

I have a tier 1 visa and am currently working as a consultant with Standard Life plc in edinburgh. I have been in the UK for the past 5 years. My wife applied for a dependant tier 1 visa on the 2nd of june in VFS kolkata and i sent all the relevant documents.
The visa is refused on the grounds that the bankstatments were photocopies. I was a banking advisor prior to this job and know exactly the importance of an original statement . I had sent 3 months original bank statement along with a letter from the bank. They have returned all the documents except the bank statement and the bank letter. I simply dont understand what to do???
They have also sent some appeal form i guess but im so broken and down, i had checked and rechecked all the documents and was so excited and counting the days for my wife to be here.
Please guide me as what should i do? It would mean so much to me.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS HAPPENED?????

Post by prisat » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:43 am

Confused and worried wrote:I have a tier 1 visa and am currently working as a consultant with Standard Life plc in edinburgh. I have been in the UK for the past 5 years. My wife applied for a dependant tier 1 visa on the 2nd of june in VFS kolkata and i sent all the relevant documents.
The visa is refused on the grounds that the bankstatments were photocopies. I was a banking advisor prior to this job and know exactly the importance of an original statement . I had sent 3 months original bank statement along with a letter from the bank. They have returned all the documents except the bank statement and the bank letter. I simply dont understand what to do???
They have also sent some appeal form i guess but im so broken and down, i had checked and rechecked all the documents and was so excited and counting the days for my wife to be here.
:oops:

ChetanOjha

Re: DONT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS HAPPENED?????

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:39 am

It seems your dependent's application has been refused by mistake. I would appeal against the decision. It is quite common that BHC overlooked evidences and rejects the application. You can appeal against the decision. But if you want your wife to join you quickly it is better to reapply.
Confused and worried wrote:I have a tier 1 visa and am currently working as a consultant with Standard Life plc in edinburgh. I have been in the UK for the past 5 years. My wife applied for a dependant tier 1 visa on the 2nd of june in VFS kolkata and i sent all the relevant documents.

Confused and worried
Newly Registered

thanks chetan

Post by Confused and worried » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:46 am

appreciate your response mate. I was wondering if i send the statement again (which i have re ordered) the visa officer could review and grant the visa coz as you said appeal takes a lot more time. Is review different from an appeal or would the case be reviewed once again before being sent for appeal?? What a mistake to make eh!! So would u suggest re applying?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:19 pm

You cannot request administrative review for dependent applications.

regards

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:45 pm

sushdmehta wrote:You cannot request administrative review for dependent applications.
regards
Did rule changed recently? I have few colleagues who applied for review (Chennai BHC)and got accepted. Though I took forever for approval.

puneetdwd

@confused

Post by puneetdwd » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:12 pm

Thats really Sad Mate :-( I am counting my days to complete 90 days (3 months) to apply for my wife dpnt visa.

It looks like its the full authority with EC officer to reject ur visa irrespective of Genuinity of the documents.

Its really bad on their part...if someone is missing their family and they just overlook & reject.

This really scares me.
P

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: @confused

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:27 am

puneetdwd wrote:Thats really Sad Mate :-( I am counting my days to complete 90 days (3 months) to apply for my wife dpnt visa.

It looks like its the full authority with EC officer to reject ur visa irrespective of Genuinity of the documents.

Its really bad on their part...if someone is missing their family and they just overlook & reject.

This really scares me.
I think even dependents can apply for Adminstrative review.

Please check this for full details.

http://www.parliament.uk/deposits/depos ... 8-0829.pdf

Disclaimer :
Also please verify if this is an appropriate and latest document. This is only a referral and i should never be considered a recourse to you or to a third party :wink:

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:47 pm

UKVisas wrote:Administrative review is the process used to look at whether claimed points have been correctly assessed and therefore only applies to the main migrant. Applications for entry clearance made by dependants are not assessed on ‘points’.

regards