ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adnanmanzoor

Employment Letter

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:46 pm

If an employer letter is on Official Letter Head of the company, does it need also to be stamped by the person who sign it? or only letterhead will be sufficient?
Adnan

ChetanOjha

Re: Employment Letter

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:28 pm

It's fine if it is on official letter head
adnanmanzoor wrote:If an employer letter is on Official Letter Head of the company, does it need also to be stamped by the person who sign it? or only letterhead will be sufficient?

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:33 pm

Dear Chetan
Thanks for the reply. I am also curious about how they actually assess the earnings. Since bank statement only shows net payments whereas employment letter shows both gross as well as net so how they reconcile the gross figure? do they consider only net earnings and cross check it with bank statements?
Sincerely
Adnan

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:05 pm

As far as I know yes. They corroborate net earnings mentioned in payslips/employer letter with the amount deposited in your bank.
But they can always call your employer to check your gross earnings.
adnanmanzoor wrote:Dear Chetan
Thanks for the reply. I am also curious about how they actually assess the earnings. Since bank statement only shows net payments whereas employment letter shows both gross as well as net so how they reconcile the gross figure? do they consider only net earnings and cross check it with bank statements?
Sincerely

adnanmanzoor

Post by adnanmanzoor » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:32 pm

Chetan
one more question buddy. What if I submit my tax return along with my bank statement? will that be sufficient? or shall I have to add employer letter also?
Adnan

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:58 pm

Tax letter e.g. P60, Saral, employer letter are all considered from One source. You can use them along with Bank Statement. But You have to make sure you are claiming for the exact period as it is covered by your tax document. I would recommend to use paylsips or employer letter along with bank statement. Since you seems to be out of country application, sometime it raises alarm with oversensitive case worker.
adnanmanzoor wrote:Chetan
one more question buddy. What if I submit my tax return along with my bank statement? will that be sufficient? or shall I have to add employer letter also?

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 pm

adnanmanzoor wrote:Dear Chetan
Sincerely
Not your headache, as long as you are providing documents they asked for i-e. Bank statements and Employer's letter and they fulfil the requirements you shouldn't worry about anything else.
You can submit as many other documents as you want to but bear in mind that in most of the case it just confuses the caseworker and delay your case.
Goodluck.