ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brother as financial sponsor

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

accastudent

Brother as financial sponsor

Post by accastudent » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:48 pm

hi all, During all my stay in UK my brother supported me financially, I extended my visa pre tier 4 using my brother statement. This time my O/S fee will be GBP 2000. I have 1600 in my account and for outstanding fee I shall use my brother bank statement. I know I have to get a letter from him but what ll be the proof that he is my brother.

P.S. He is in Pakistan

Please advise me.

Regards
M W ALI

NiceCareing

Post by NiceCareing » Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:58 pm

you brother will give you supporting letter "on court stamp paper" with lawyer's and oath commissioner stamps. UKBA usually acept that along side with ur brother original 3 months bank statements which show that he has enough money in his account

redeyegirl
Newly Registered

Post by redeyegirl » Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:42 am

Hi, Nicecareing,

Are you suggesting that "third party sponsorship" is acceptable for the maintenance? The policy Guidance did stated that the money has to be in the apllicatant own name, is it?

accastudent

Post by accastudent » Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:03 pm

thanks Niceandcaring. Anyone else please. Pottersbond. ElenaW and Sushmidita, Plz give me some advise . Thanks.
M W ALI