ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application Confusion - Payment Not Taken, Recorded Delivery

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILRGIRL
Newly Registered

Application Confusion - Payment Not Taken, Recorded Delivery

Post by ILRGIRL » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58 pm

Hi all - am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and can give me an idea what could be up?

ILR application received by UKBA 8th June, 2010

No money taken, bank confirmed no attempts have been made to take the money up to today's date. I called UKBA and was advised that a recorded delivery had been sent to me yesterday, I'm not home until later tonight as away on business so am wondering what could be in the letter?

If they had rejected my application wouldn't they have at least taken the payment? Form is correct, credit card details are correct, I'm at a bit of a loss and dying of curiousity as not home until late.

Any ideas?

ChetanOjha

Re: Application Confusion - Payment Not Taken, Recorded Deli

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Before starting to Panic, better wait for the delivery to arrive.
ILRGIRL wrote:Hi all - am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and can give me an idea what could be up?

ILR application received by UKBA 8th June, 2010

No money taken, bank confirmed no attempts have been made to take the money up to today's date. I called UKBA and was advised that a recorded delivery had been sent to me yesterday, I'm not home until later tonight as away on business so am wondering what could be in the letter?

If they had rejected my application wouldn't they have at least taken the payment? Form is correct, credit card details are correct, I'm at a bit of a loss and dying of curiousity as not home until late.

Any ideas?

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:12 pm

Unfortunately it means they've not been able to claim your payment therefore have returned your application asking your to resubmit with alternative payment details. :(

It's becoming quite common, especially with 10 year applicants. Check your card details on your application to see if your entered them correct and you probably find you have. Best bet is to send a postal order, cheque or banker's draft next time.

ILRGIRL
Newly Registered

Update and Question

Post by ILRGIRL » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:15 am

My application was sent back as invalid due to being unable to take the payment, which is not true as according to my bank the payment was never attempted and therefore was never declined. I'll get them to provide a letter to confirm this.

My work permit has now expired (I submitted the forms within the 28 days before it expired). Can I reapply via the in person appointment now instead of using the post again as I'd really like to get this over with?

The letter says "if you still wish to make an application, you must return your fully completed application form with the appropriate fee to the address given on the application form". Based on this I assume I can apply in person as that is one of the options on the form. I'll likely just get a laywer to do it for me.

Any thoughts or experiences?

ILRGIRL
Newly Registered

Suggestions for Solicitor

Post by ILRGIRL » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:34 am

And wow, are there ever a lot of solicitors and firms that provide ILR services for in person appointments. If you have recommendations based on your experiences can you pm me?

I would like an appointment this week if possible...

Thanks!

kiwigirl25
Member of Standing

Post by kiwigirl25 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:28 am

Don't bother with a solicitor. Too much money for such a straight forward application.

I would spend my effort trying to get an appointment as soon as possible. If you search this board and the UKBA you will find out how to do this. Phone the UKBA helpline first thing Monday morning as soon as it opens to seek their advice.

As I said in my first post this is becoming quite common - applications being rejected on the basis of payment despite the payment details being correct! :evil:

ILRGIRL
Newly Registered

Post by ILRGIRL » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:43 pm

I got very lucky, the Croydon's office allowing of walk in appointments on Monday July 5th fit perfect with the timing of having my application returned as invalid due to the payment problem (incidentally there were quite a few others that had the same situation, no concerns at all about this from the Case Worker, seems to be fairly common problem).

I spent nearly all day at the Croydon office as lines were long and processing slow due to the number of walk ins but happily left with my ILR approved (and without having to use a solicitor).

This worked out very well as there was a question about my application that would have delayed the processing, however being there in person I was easily able to respond to the question.

Happy Days! Good luck to everyone!