ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to represent surname change in Tier 1 docs

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nks

How to represent surname change in Tier 1 docs

Post by nks » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Hi,

My wife is going to apply for Tier 1 coming week. Her surname was changed to our family name after marriage. Her graduation degree shows previous surname while her passport and employment docs are with new surname. Is there a need(and way) to show that degree belongs to her but with her old surname (as there is no photograph on degree certificate)?

TIA,
nks

dima
Member of Standing

Re: How to represent surname change in Tier 1 docs

Post by dima » Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:13 pm

nks wrote:Hi,

My wife is going to apply for Tier 1 coming week. Her surname was changed to our family name after marriage. Her graduation degree shows previous surname while her passport and employment docs are with new surname. Is there a need(and way) to show that degree belongs to her but with her old surname (as there is no photograph on degree certificate)?

TIA,
nks
Make an affidavit stating the name change in all the official docs. That will suffice. Also, you can change the surname in her passport.
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

milindsm

Post by milindsm » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:48 am

Submit marriage certificate...!!!

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:37 am

Marriage certificate is enough!
Also don't forget to mention in your cover letter about the change of name and that you're providing marriage cert as a proof of that
Goodluck.

nks

Post by nks » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:45 am

Her passport was made post marriage so its with new name. Issue is only with graduation certificate, which carries her old surname. Can someone provide with affidavit format? Could someone comment if UK embassy may treat this as disqualifying?

nks

Post by nks » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:49 am

I'll guess marriage certificate may suffice but since its a marriage registration certificate made post marriage, even that carries her new surname. There is no such document with us which shows transition of name from old to new. She does have a driving licence which was made pre-marriage, hence with previous surname along with her picture. Will that be acceptable?

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:13 am

nks wrote:I'll guess marriage certificate may suffice but since its a marriage registration certificate made post marriage, even that carries her new surname. There is no such document with us which shows transition of name from old to new. She does have a driving licence which was made pre-marriage, hence with previous surname along with her picture. Will that be acceptable?
As I ve said in my prev post,make an affidavit to link her old name with new surname.This will suffice,along wit ur wedding certi.

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:09 am

Its quite obvious, bride changing surname, you only need Marriage certificate where her maiden surname and your surname will be there. If her passport has your name as spouse too then forget affidavit.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:41 pm

Nothing is obvious for case officer who is viewing your documentation.Ec will not assume anything .You need to indeed prove each point you claim in your file by providing additional docs.