ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu married to NON EU/ Divorce need advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

ann_dub
Newly Registered

Eu married to NON EU/ Divorce need advice

Post by ann_dub » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi
I'm EU married to Non EU, we got married beginning of 2009 (but we are together more then 3 years). He got his stamp4EuFam last year. This year my husband went on holidays to his country, and got married there too :( I have no proof that he did this. I want divorce of course.
How to deal with this?? What should be my next step?? What to do in this situation?
I tried to find the answer on this forum, I didn't, that's why I decided to post this. When I had a problem in the past with his visa I always found answer here so now I have chance to thank you all for help :) It's a great forum.
Thx everybody

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:50 pm

That is a retard story...how come u knew that he got married...u sure about it? well, it is your life! anyway...u have to go to immigration office at ur local gardai and advise them that you are not living with him...the best thing is to get a lawyer in your city and at a cost of Eur50 he will give u some advice what to do

ann_dub
Newly Registered

Post by ann_dub » Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:12 pm

He told me :/ Thx for the answer. Any ideas how the lawyers deal with this??

koded

Post by koded » Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:51 pm

It is really a strange story to hear. Why did he marry you in the first place that he can within one year of the marriage tell you that he got married to someone else in his home country.
Well, I think if make your mind for divorce then go for it. As for his residence in the State i think it may work out that it will be cancelled since the marriage is not yet upto to one year. So Immigration office may take it as 'sham' marriage.

ann_dub
Newly Registered

Post by ann_dub » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:44 pm

It sound only strange, when you don't know the details. Anyway it's a long story. You can say he was forced to other marriage, as well as he wanted to keep his mother happy. And he told me coz he trusts me, and he had a hope I will accept this. I don't even try to understand this culture, as I'm EU it's ridiculous for me. I'm going for divorce for sure, whatever the result will be for him.
Ok the officers can think it's a "sham marriage", can it in any way affect me??

Thx

El shaddai
Member of Standing

Post by El shaddai » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:24 am

Whatever decision you want to take, i will advice you to be very careful as there s no evidence to prove that,besides is there any kid out of the marriage?lastly it is your choice but think twice if u think u still love him, get the real fact and dont rush to make any decision seek for advice from a good lawyer on what to do.

Ofcourse, the marriage could be classified as a sham marriage, may be other people can tell you if you will be affected or not when it comes to that ugly situation.

Anyway, good luck to you.

ann_dub
Newly Registered

Post by ann_dub » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:31 am

El shaddai- are you Muslim?? Only my Muslim friends say "think if u love him". I still love him, but that doesn't matter in this moment. No matter how much i love him, i don't see any future for us if he has another wife, another life. I can't compromise and I can't agree for this, it would be against myself, my life, my beliefs.
We have no kids.
Thx for reply ;]

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 am

Bigamy is illegal in Ireland and your husband could be prosecuted under those laws. According to Irish law your husband was not "free" to marry again. I'm guessing by the law of the country he remarried in, he was either free to do so there, or didn't provide details of his marriage in Ireland. You can read more details here:

http://www.mcgarrsolicitors.ie/2007/08/ ... n-ireland/
http://encyclopedia.jrank.org/BER_BLA/B ... and_G.html
http://www.traceysolicitors.ie/nullity.html

ann_dub
Newly Registered

Post by ann_dub » Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:16 pm

Thx a lot for links and reply :) I will read them tomorrow.