ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank Statement Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nks

Bank Statement Query

Post by nks » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:23 am

I am about to apply for Tier 1. My Bank account is with HSBC Bangalore and I am registered for E-Statements. Is it ok to present E-Statements with bank seal and stamp only as they are not ready to give any supporting letter. From guidelines, it appears that stamped and sealed E-Statements should suffice but I've seen few posts on this forum for such statement been rejected by the case worker. Could someone share his/her experience regarding this.

They are ready to give me the E-Statements photocopied on HSBC letter head and stamp and seal it but they use masking to cover not-required part of E-Statements while making the copy which leaves a line mark on the statement. Is that OK? Any experience regarding this?

TIA,
NKS

seeneeru
Newly Registered

Post by seeneeru » Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:57 am

Your monthly Estatements can solve your purpose if you get the seal and signature on its hard copy, which is just few minutes job for HSBC customer service guys.

HSBC do provide Balance Confirmation Letter and they charge Rs. 50 as service fee for it.

muhandis.ak

Re: Bank Statement Query

Post by muhandis.ak » Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:15 am

The guidance says the following "Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming. If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account they should also provide a supporting letter from their bank on company headed paper confirming the documents authenticity."

What I can deduce from the above is that an E-Statement would need to be stamped & signed by the bank AND supported by a letter of authenticity on the bank letterhead.

Remember that the case-worker can reject an application if it does not fulfill a single one among the conditions mentioned in the guidance.

Kala
nks wrote:I am about to apply for Tier 1. My Bank account is with HSBC Bangalore and I am registered for E-Statements. Is it ok to present E-Statements with bank seal and stamp only as they are not ready to give any supporting letter. From guidelines, it appears that stamped and sealed E-Statements should suffice but I've seen few posts on this forum for such statement been rejected by the case worker. Could someone share his/her experience regarding this.

They are ready to give me the E-Statements photocopied on HSBC letter head and stamp and seal it but they use masking to cover not-required part of E-Statements while making the copy which leaves a line mark on the statement. Is that OK? Any experience regarding this?

TIA,
NKS