ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing visa status to FLR(M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vickiitm

Changing visa status to FLR(M)

Post by vickiitm » Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:11 pm

Dear All,

I am having ILR and my wife is on tier 1 (post study). We have been married for 4 years. My baby was on born in UK and she is also on ILR. Before her Tier 1, my wife was on dependent visa. I have following doubts and needs your advice:

1. Can she apply for SET(M) ILR as we have been married for 4 years or FLR(M) spouse visa in country application.

2. Apart from 3 months bank statement, tenancy agreement and marriage certificate do I need to register my marriage in UK(As I was married in India and have got that marriage certificate, based on that my wife got her dependent visa).

3. Does tenancy agreement needs to be in both our names?

4. Do I need to provide 6 different proofs from 3 different sources over a period of 2 years?

5. How much should be present in the bank account for last three months?

6. We have two houses in two different cities. Do we need to mention both of them?

Cheers,
Vicki

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:36 pm

FLR(M)

regards

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:40 pm

Thanks Sushdmehta.
Can anyone please let me know if I need to get COA or my Indian Marriage certificate will be enough. Also can you please let me know if 3 months bank statement will be enough for financial evidence or do I need to supply payslips as well

Cheers,
Vicki

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:42 pm

vickiitm, assuming your Inidin marriage certificate means you are legally married in the eyes of the Indian legal system, then in accordance with the UK's Foreign Marriages Act 1892, the UK recognises that as a legal marriage in UK law.

Is the marriage certificate in the English language? If not supply not only the original Indian marriage certificate but also a certified translation into English.

As regards "We have two houses in two different cities. Do we need to mention both of them? ", what does that actually mean? Does it mean that the two of you live in different houses? That is, you do not live together?
John

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:54 pm

Thanks for the reply John.

Yes the marriage certificate is in English and previously my wife was here on my dependent visa and then switched to post study tier 1 from India.

Regarding two houses, we are living in different cities due to work committment and are a weekend couple :) but have both the houses rental agreement in both our names. So should I mention both the houses in my application or will it complicate the case.

I also have two different bank accounts in both our names and our child birth certificate also mention both our names.

Please advise as I am confused as to what to put in my application.

Cheers,
Vicki

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:12 pm

I am concerned by the two addresses. What does the supporting evidence show? For example the bank statements, do those show the same address? Or different addresses?

You mention a born-in-the-UK child. Is that your only child? Was the child born before or after you got your ILR? If born after you got your ILR then the child was British from the moment of birth. If born before you got your ILR then you can now Register the child as British, under section 1(3), which means there is an entitlement to be Registered as British.
John

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks again for your prompt reply John.

My child also have ILR. I didn't had my wife's as she was on Tier 1 post study. Yes the bank accounts (my wife's and mine both in joint name) shows one address. So should I submit the application with one address and do not mention the other? Or should I mention both the address and explain that one is used only occassionaly for work committment. Also can you please let me know if
1. 3 Months Bank Accounts (Wife's and mine) in joint name.
2. Last P60 (Both mine and my wife's)
3. Rental Agreement (one address the same mentioned in bank stmt).
4. Marriage Certificate.
5. Child's birth certificate.
6. Car Insurance in joint name.
7. Driving Licence (Both mine and my wife's)
will suffice all the documents or do I need to gather more.

Please advise.

Cheers,
Vicki

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:19 pm

Yes the bank accounts (my wife's and mine both in joint name) shows one address. So should I submit the application with one address and do not mention the other?
Yes I think that is best. It cuts out any suggestion in the mind of the person looking at the visa application that the two of you might be living separately.

The evidence ..... looks good to me.
My child also have ILR
That suggests to me that the child was born before you got your ILR. So are you now intending to Register your born-in-the-UK child as a British Citizen? The child has an entitlement to be Registered, under section 1(3).
John

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks a lot for clarifying my doubts John. I will be getting my child's citizenship with me next year to avoid getting Indian visa for vacation.

One more doubt :) as my bank stmt shows rental payment of other house as well, so should it be worth mentioning that I treat the other house for temp. work purpose

Thanks again mate.

Cheers
Vicki

John

Post by John » Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:53 pm

as my bank stmt shows rental payment of other house as well, so should it be worth mentioning that I treat the other house for temp. work purpose
That being the case, yes I agree with you, mention the second property in a covering letter.
John

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks a lot John.

Cheers,
Vicki

squid80
Newly Registered

FLR M

Post by squid80 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:29 pm

What documents should accompany an application for FLR M especially a same day application?

Regards
Tracy

vickiitm

Post by vickiitm » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi Tracy,

Is it in country application? Also is it first time FLR(M) application or extension. Documents differ in both cases.

Let me know and I can guide you..

Cheers,
Vicki

pranush
Newly Registered

FLRM Application at Birmingham

Post by pranush » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Hi,
Can anyone help me out. I am applying for FLRM next month (My husband is a Britis citizen and I am a student). We entered UK after 7 years of marriage and have stayed in UK for nearly 1 year. Have booked a premium appointment for Birmingham.

How many payslip of the sponsor (in this case my husband) would be required as an attachment. Is it sufficient to show two payslip.
I have my student status letter from my univ. - Is it sufficient ? Since it is very difficult to get the attendance record letter when I am doing PhD (No classes are held).
I have collected following documents :
1. six letters (over a duration of one year) in the joint name.
2. Passport for both
3. Marriage Certificate
4. Wedding Invitation card
5. Rent Agreement letter
6. Salary slip (2 months for my Husband, Sponsor)
7. My scholarship letter
8. Joint Bank Account (3months)

Is there any document missing and Is it ok to apply for FLRM

Thanks,
Pranush