ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mentioning bank statement date in the covering letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vet

mentioning bank statement date in the covering letter

Post by vet » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:43 pm

Hello All, I have taken my fund maintainence letter, 3 months statement from the bank on 9-July. As per the bank's policy, the bank can issue the fund details only till the preveous day. so, my bank statement & letter shows the funds available till 8-July.

I am planning to mention this in the covering letter. is it needed?

If needed, what can i write? a sample given below. any better wording?

I have taken the bank statement and letter on 09-july-2010. A per the bank’s policy, the bank can issue the fund available for a day only after the closing hours of that day. Hence, the bank statement and letter shows the funds till 08-july-2010

outbound

Re: mentioning bank statement date in the covering letter

Post by outbound » Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:47 pm

vet wrote:Hello All, I have taken my fund maintainence letter, 3 months statement from the bank on 9-July. As per the bank's policy, the bank can issue the fund details only till the preveous day. so, my bank statement & letter shows the funds available till 8-July.

I am planning to mention this in the covering letter. is it needed?

If needed, what can i write? a sample given below. any better wording?

I have taken the bank statement and letter on 09-july-2010. A per the bank’s policy, the bank can issue the fund available for a day only after the closing hours of that day. Hence, the bank statement and letter shows the funds till 08-july-2010
This is a redundant statement, as closing balance means balance at EOD. You should be fine with previous days closing balance on the letter. Anymore explanation would confuse the case worker rather than help ur case.

vet

Post by vet » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:07 pm

thanks for your quick response. below is the bank letter i got. is this ok??

=============================================

Date:09-july-2010

This is to certify that Mr.xxx is holding a savings account with us bearing number blah blah blah etc..

The minimum balance maintained in this account from 6th-april-2010 to 08-july-2010 is INR xxx which is equivalent to xxx GBP blah blah

The balance as on 08-july-2010 is INR xxx which is equivalent to GBP blah blah blah.

============================================