ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Chinese person applying for naturalization in Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

churada
Newly Registered

Chinese person applying for naturalization in Ireland

Post by churada » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:32 pm

If the spouse of an Irish citizen here legally wants to apply for Irish citizenship after three years, will the Irish government force them to give up their Chinese passport when they apply as the Chinese government doesn't recognise dual citizenship?

scrudu

Post by scrudu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Nope, Irish rules allow for dual citizenship. Him/Her acquiring a second citizenship will only be of interest to the Chinese.

churada
Newly Registered

Post by churada » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:57 pm

scrudu wrote:Nope, Irish rules allow for dual citizenship. Him/Her acquiring a second citizenship will only be of interest to the Chinese.
Super, thats a big weight off my mind, thanks very much scrudu.

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Post by mktsoi » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:00 am

churada wrote:
scrudu wrote:Nope, Irish rules allow for dual citizenship. Him/Her acquiring a second citizenship will only be of interest to the Chinese.
Super, thats a big weight off my mind, thanks very much scrudu.
hey, irish gov will not force you to give up your chinese citizenship. by the chinese nationality law. if you take up a foreign citizenship on your own free will. your chinese citizenship is cancel automatically! unless you hold a Hong Kong SAR or Macao SAR passport, than you can keep your chinese citizenship!

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Indeed. The PRC does not permit dual nationality.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.