ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Thanks to everyone.. Got my Visa today....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mnrao
Newly Registered

Thanks to everyone.. Got my Visa today....

Post by mnrao » Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:53 pm

Thanks for all the members of this forum. This forum really helps me to get my Visa easily.

Application Submitted at VFS Bang - July 7th 2010
Dispatched to BHC - July 7th 2010
Application under Process - July 12th 2010
Received Stamed VISA - July 15th 2010

Once again thanks to all of you guys.....

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Thanks to everyone.. Got my Visa today....

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:08 pm

mnrao wrote:Thanks for all the members of this forum. This forum really helps me to get my Visa easily.

Congratulations!!

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:28 pm

That was real fast :) congrates... one question... Did you get letter from your university certifying degree was in english? Pls let me know.

outbound

Post by outbound » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:16 am

Congrats!! Wat time of the day does the status get updated?

I have applied at VFS Bangalore on 12th July. There has been no update since then.

-——------------

EDIT: got an email just now that the application is processed and is in transit.

Anyone have an idea on how to track it on BLUEDART? I have asked for it to be delivered to my home address.

rknshree

track it !

Post by rknshree » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:19 am

You can use your passport number as a ref no and track it on bluedart.com using ref no.
outbound wrote:Congrats!! Wat time of the day does the status get updated?

I have applied at VFS Bangalore on 12th July. There has been no update since then.

-——------------

EDIT: got an email just now that the application is processed and is in transit.

Anyone have an idea on how to track it on BLUEDART? I have asked for it to be delivered to my home address.

outbound

Re: track it !

Post by outbound » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:58 am

rknshree wrote:You can use your passport number as a ref no and track it on bluedart.com using ref no.
outbound wrote:Congrats!! Wat time of the day does the status get updated?

-——------------

thank u.

mnrao
Newly Registered

Post by mnrao » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:12 am

sapvish wrote:That was real fast :) congrates... one question... Did you get letter from your university certifying degree was in english? Pls let me know.
It's not required, if u score 10 points for ur degree for English language requirement attribute. Since I already have it, i produced it.

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:16 am

mnrao wrote:Thanks for all the members of this forum. This forum really helps me to get my Visa easily.

Fantastic! that was real quick this month.

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:33 am

Congrats
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:02 pm

You will be one sorry guy when you come here. I would suggest you that if you are earning good and living relaxed life, don't try to come here. Living standard in UK is even not compare to slums in India. We are on the course of coming back soon.. We came here in Jan only.. I have never faced the problems I am facing here and never thought about this kind of living standard in my entire life which I am seeing and living here...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Moreover, it is not that I am not working here, I got job in a month time only... I was also happy like you when we got Visa but now I think that was one of the worst decision of my life when I took big loan and decided to come here... If you think you can save a lot, then forget. To save some, you have to compromise a lot.. may need to stay in a room or studio flat, thinking 100 times before spending £10.. and that is when you will be earning fine... Forget about maintaining car or living high standard of life...

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 pm

And you will be s'prised to know that Home Office has strictly instructed to Companies and Employers "Not to Hire" people from outside UK or non-UK citizens. I came to know this through one of the HR consultant (British) because they were looking for a senior dietician and my wife was qualified for this.. however it did not proceed much further as some registration was required and my wife did not have that.. and the fees for that registration was very high for non-UK people... (£600).. even after that no guarantee if she will get job or not.

He told her that Home Office asks many many questions and even put an inquiry that why they need to hire a non-UK citizen for that job.. So companies normally avoid being into that situation... If Home office found that they could have hired a british for this role, they can even cancel company's registration and fine them heavily... That recruitment consultant himself told us that they can even hire a fool and dumb British for that role (if he has qualification but no experience or good knowledge) but cannot hire an intelligent Indian or other nation's guy/girl...

mnrao
Newly Registered

Post by mnrao » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 pm

AkashS wrote:And you will be s'prised to know that Home Office has strictly instructed to Companies and Employers "Not to Hire" people from outside UK or non-UK citizens. I came to know this through one of the HR consultant (British) because they were looking for a senior dietician and my wife was qualified for this.. however it did not proceed much further as some registration was required and my wife did not have that.. and the fees for that registration was very high for non-UK people... (£600).. even after that no guarantee if she will get job or not.

He told her that Home Office asks many many questions and even put an inquiry that why they need to hire a non-UK citizen for that job.. So companies normally avoid being into that situation... If Home office found that they could have hired a british for this role, they can even cancel company's registration and fine them heavily... That recruitment consultant himself told us that they can even hire a fool and dumb British for that role (if he has qualification but no experience or good knowledge) but cannot hire an intelligent Indian or other nation's guy/girl...
Thanks for ur suggestion. Even i thought the same before applying. Currently i am working on MS.NET technology in IND. I came to know the market is too good for this technology. So i planned to work in UK. Anyway I don't have any immediate travel plan to UK. So I will wait and see the Job market in UK. Then I will decide abt my travel. Anyway thanks..

May I know which platform ur working??

manojk005

Post by manojk005 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:51 pm

If some one is qualified then UK is not the best place for him/her. One can have far better lifestyle in india than the UK provided he/she is able to tolerate many non-senses of india.

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:08 pm

Is it that bad? there are couple of ppl who have managed to get good jobs i have heard and offlate looks like job market has improved too. Not true? I dont understand what source of info to trust :?

vet

Post by vet » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 pm

AkashS wrote:And you will be s'prised to know that Home Office has strictly instructed to Companies and Employers "Not to Hire" people from outside UK or non-UK citizens. .

never heard anything like that before. Just curious. What is the Source of this info??

lovnishs

Post by lovnishs » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:55 pm

Akash,

This is not always true what you have mentioned. Please dont discourage people who are planning to come to UK.

I have been living in UK since 3 years, 1 year on Work permit then 2 years on Tier-1.

I am living in 2 Bedroom house & affording a good lifestyle with Car & normal day to day necessities.

I took around 2-3 months to get the job & I got the job in May 2009 when UK job market was in very tuff condition due to recession...So in my point of view it really depends on your zeal what you want to achieve in life...But I would say, if you are just applying visa for the craze of coming to UK then its no use...You need to be patient and determind. I am sure when u get settled then u ll feel UK is the best place to live in the world(obviously after India as thats our birth place)..

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:55 am

vet wrote:
AkashS wrote:And you will be s'prised to know that Home Office has strictly instructed to Companies and Employers "Not to Hire" people from outside UK or non-UK citizens. .

never heard anything like that before. Just curious. What is the Source of this info??
May's PA
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:14 pm

lovnishs thats a very encouraging post from you. Even I couldnt figure out the source of info of what Akash is telling. Akash may be you can elaborate what actually happened in your case?

It so happens that few are lucky to get a decent job very fast may be in a months time...while few others may have to wait for long.

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:18 pm

lovnishs wrote:Akash,

This is not always true what you have mentioned. Please dont discourage people who are planning to come to UK.

I have been living in UK since 3 years, 1 year on Work permit then 2 years on Tier-1.

I am living in 2 Bedroom house & affording a good lifestyle with Car & normal day to day necessities.

I took around 2-3 months to get the job & I got the job in May 2009 when UK job market was in very tuff condition due to recession...So in my point of view it really depends on your zeal what you want to achieve in life...But I would say, if you are just applying visa for the craze of coming to UK then its no use...You need to be patient and determind. I am sure when u get settled then u ll feel UK is the best place to live in the world(obviously after India as thats our birth place)..
Don't have any source that I can point out and let you know but this is told by a very senior recruitment consultant.... and even by few of my friends who are on senior position ins reputed companies.. and up to certain extent I also faced that...

If you think you are living good lifestyle here, then you probably did not experience it in India or unable to compare.. People have to compromise greatly in day to day life.. Moreover, people, who are here for long time, spoiling the name of India so badly that local people just do not have any respect for Indians.. Also, would you like if you need to wait for a month just to get a blood test done? Or wait for 3 months to get medical registration (NHS) and many other things....

Not discouraging to anyone but if someone really want to live a high standard life, then he should not consider coming to UK at all..

For your kind information, I will not find UK best place to live (after India) as I am in process to go back and should be back in 1-2 months as already started speaking with companies... It was not only Very bad but one of the worst and unfortunate decision when I decided to come to UK :( I will regret for that entire life :(

AkashS
Member of Standing

Post by AkashS » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:20 pm

sapvish wrote:lovnishs thats a very encouraging post from you. Even I couldnt figure out the source of info of what Akash is telling. Akash may be you can elaborate what actually happened in your case?

It so happens that few are lucky to get a decent job very fast may be in a months time...while few others may have to wait for long.
It is not that I did not get decent job.. I got it in a month time but overall very unfortunate decision when I decided to come here... I wanted to give good life to my family and not a dog's life to them... if someone wants, they can stay here but pls don't talk rubbish about India and spoil its name...

lovnishs

Post by lovnishs » Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:54 pm

Akash,

I am very empathetic to your personal experience within UK. Probably UK was not the right place for you and you could not visualize before applying the UK work visa.

I still say the life you want to live also differes from person to person.

Just to give u my point of view that in India we spend lots of money in private medical treatment and most of the times you were charged for unnecessary treatments....Private hospitals in India are just after making money...you can take an example of simple maternity cases...If u go to private hospital then in most cases they do czerian cases that could well be treated normally...i believe NHS is far better than that...I know there are few delays for normal problems but in case of emergency there is nothing better than NHS...not even private hospitals of India...

so it all depends man...there are many good things about india because we lived there, our relatives are there, there is no language or culture barriers....but its not ideal to say that you recommend people not to come to UK if they are living relaxed life in UK...

I think India is lagging in certain areas that ofcourse will be resolved by time but not now...I think people should not be bounded on geographical boundaries regarding their careers & thats the reason we are in UK...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:09 pm

AkashS wrote: if someone wants, they can stay here but pls don't talk rubbish about India and spoil its name...
AkakhS, no one has said anything derogatory about India in this topic. From your recent posts it is seems that your frustrations are influencing your sensibilities as your posts appear to follow a rhetorical pattern of UK bashing.

And it is becoming evident that you are using this forum as a convenient place to vent out your personal frustrations, a result of some inappropriate decisions taken in the past. Please put an end to it with immediate effect. If you cannot do without it, you are under no obligation to visit and post on this forum. Please feel free to not visit this website again.

regards

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 am

AkashS wrote:
lovnishs wrote:Akash,

Don't have any source that I can point out and let you know but this is told by a very senior recruitment consultant.... and even by few of my friends who are on senior position ins reputed companies.. and up to certain extent I also faced that...
oofff

If you think you are living good lifestyle here, then you probably did not experience it in India or unable to compare.. People have to compromise greatly in day to day life.. Moreover, people, who are here for long time, spoiling the name of India so badly that local people just do not have any respect for Indians.. Also, would you like if you need to wait for a month just to get a blood test done? Or wait for 3 months to get medical registration (NHS) and many other things....

Not discouraging to anyone but if someone really want to live a high standard life, then he should not consider coming to UK at all..
WHERE ELSE ON THE EARTH WILL YOU CONSIDER LIVING A HIGH LIFE STYLE ?????

For your kind information, I will not find UK best place to live (after India) as I am in process to go back and should be back in 1-2 months as already started speaking with companies... It was not only Very bad but one of the worst and unfortunate decision when I decided to come to UK :( I will regret for that entire life :(
IF YOU ARE NOT JOKING / FAKING AND VERY SERIOUS ABOUT THIS, I WOULD JUST LIKE TO KNOW YOUR UK PHONE NUMBER AND YOUR PERSONAL EMAIL ID SO THAT I CAN CHECK UR STATUS AFTER 3 MONTHS.
Go back to India. First ROCK and then ROLL....
Disclaimer :