ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

convince Gerrys Karachi that dependent will pay 36450/- HELP

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zaynab79

convince Gerrys Karachi that dependent will pay 36450/- HELP

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:11 pm

i need immediate help m in jeopardy:

my husband went to submit pp but they returned him sayin they cannot accept 36450/- fee as for dependent its 94000 whereas i had sent my hsmp original approval letter and he even showed that but they didn accept it n he has come back wihtout submitting pp what to do???? m sooo upset>? i had sent UK home office printouts where it clearly says that depedent will pay same fee as the main applicant i applied under hsmp transitional arrangement ..
plz tell me how to go about it now?? how to convince them

he is going to Gerrys Karachi on monday again:.
1. I filed application for HSMP before 28 February 2008
2. Received HSMP approval letter in April 2008
3. Submitted passport for Visa in Sept 2008 under transitional arrangement and paid Rs30,00o which was reduced fee n even got automatic award of the necessary points for attributes and English language as per UK home office
4. Received my passport in Feb 2009 with tier1 visa

Can i please get this confusion resolved by Sunday night as he has to go on monday again to gerrys

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:24 pm

Unless you applied for HSMP approval before Nov. 06 changes OR were issued a HSMP vignette (visa that says HSMP) which is still valid, it will be hard to convince local BHC that Tier 1 fees do not apply.

Moreover, HSMP migrants who applied after the Nov. 06 changes are covered by the Tier 1 immigration rules, so Tier 1 fees will apply.

This said, it's not the VAC that makes the decision on what fees to charge an applicant, the BHC does. So you'll need to take this up with BHC.

And please don't make multiple posts on the same topic.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:29 pm

First of all thank you so much for responding and secondly i do agree its difficult to make them understand. As per the home office website and BOrder website it does say that if u have HSMP approval letter you can pay lower fee so then y do we need to pay this huge amount also i have emailed BHC but you know how laid back they are and GOd knows we they will reply especially when the weekend is here.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:08 pm

When it (HSMP) existed, HSMP approval letter used to be valid only for 6 months. When Tier 1 was launched, HSMP migrants with valid approval letter were allowed to apply for EC paying the (considerably lower) transitional fee. The purpose of the (reduced) transitional fee for HSMP applicants was that the applicants had already paid money to get the HSMP approval and hence were only required to pay the balance at the time of EC. The dependents were allowed to pay transitional fee for EC until such time that sponsoring HSMP migrants (post nov '06 approvals) had HSMP stamp on their passports (i.e.- up until extension).

On the other hand, Tier 1 has always been a one step process and hence all the money is paid on one instalment. In your case, you were never issued an HSMP vignette. Only a Tier 1. And dependents of Tier 1 have always paid the same fees as the main migrant.
Gerry's website wrote:Dependents of current Highly Skilled Migration Programme (HSMP/Work Permit visa holders) - 36,450
How do you prove that you are a "current" HSMP migrant, when you were never issued HSMP visa? If you can, you may be allowed to pay the reduced fees.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:26 pm

thanks alot
wat ur sayin does make sense but m still confused even till last yr it was metioned that dependent wil pay same fee as the main applicant if hsmp approval letter in place.

Cost

This page sets out the fees for applications under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system, and explains how to pay your application fee.

The application fee that you must pay depends on whether you are applying from inside or outside the UK - and, if you are inside the UK, on whether you are applying by post or in person. You can pay a lower fee if you are already in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme.

If you applying from inside the UK and are sending applications for your family members (known as dependants) at the same time as your own application, you can pay a reduced fee for your family members' applications by sending them with your own application in one envelope.

Choose a heading below to show more information.
More information

Tier 1 (General) and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application fees
Close

Fee if you are applying by post in the UK Fee if you are applying in person inside the UK Fee if you are applying outside the UK
Main applicant £840 £1,095 £690
Main applicant (if they are a national of Croatia, Turkey or FYR of Macedonia) £767 £992 £629
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant) £129 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form £154 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form £690 for each family member
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant, who is a national of Croatia, Turkey or FYR of Macedonia) £121 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form £144 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form £690 for each family member
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying later) £475 for each family member £730 for each family member £690 for each family member
Child aged over 18 £475 for each family member £730 for each family member £690 for each family member

Fees for nationals of Croatia, Turkey and FYR of Macedonia

Nationals of these countries, and their dependants, pay a reduced fee as shown above. These countries have ratified the 1961 Council of Europe Social Charter.
Tier 1 (General) application fees for applicants who are switching from the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
Close

Applicants and their dependants can pay the following reduced fees if they submit a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) letter with their application:
Fee if you are applying by post in the UK Fee if you are applying in person inside the UK Fee if you are applying outside the UK
Main applicant £408 £663 £256
Main applicant (if they are a national of Croatia, Turkey or FYR of Macedonia) £408 £663 £235
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying at the same time as the main applicant) £85 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form £111 for each family member included on the main applicant's application form £256 for each family member
Partner or child aged under 18 (if they are applying later) £475 for each family member £730 for each family member £256 for each family member
Child aged over 18 £475 for each family member £730 for each family member £256 for each family member

Fees for nationals of Croatia, Turkey and FYR of Macedonia

Nationals of these countries pay a reduced fee as shown above. These countries have ratified the 1961 Council of Europe Social Charter.
Withdrawing your application
Close When the payment handling service has received your application, the application fee is charged. The fee cannot then be refunded if you withdraw your application.
Duplicate applications
Close If you send more than one application, you will be charged the application fee for each application.
How to pay your application fee if you are inside the UK
Close

You can choose to pay your application fee:
o by cheque in sterling on a UK bank account - you should make the cheque payable to 'Home Office', write your full name and date of birth on the back, and attach the cheque to the front of the completed application form;
o in cash, but only if you are applying in person at a public enquiry office;
o with a UK postal order - you should write your full name and date of birth on the back, and attach the postal order to the front of the completed application form;
o with a credit or debit card including MasterCard, Visa (including Electron), Delta, and Maestro (including Solo). We can accept any Maestro card if you are applying in a person at a public enquiry office, but only Maestro cards issued in the UK if you are applying by post. You must include the card number, the amount paid, the payer's name as it appears on the card, the 'valid from' and expiry dates, the card verification value (CVV) code, the cardholder's signature and the date. The issue number is also needed for and Maestro cards. If you are applying in person at a public enquiry office, the cardholder must be present in order for the payment to be taken.

Payment by any other method is not accepted.

You must send the full amount to cover the total cost of your application. If you do not do this, your application will be invalid and will not be considered. We will return your application and part payment to you.

We start considering the application when the payment has cleared. Payments are cleared:
o after five working days for cheques
o after one working day for credit or debit cards
o immediately for postal orders and cash

Please note that, if you are making numerous payments using your credit card, the anti-fraud measures that banks operate sometimes stop the payment being taken. This may be because you have exceeded the maximum limit on a single transaction or the number of transactions allowed in a given period of time. You must ensure that you contact your bank in advance, so that the bank will allow the full payment to be taken without any such problems when you submit your applications.
Payment information on the application form

It is very important that you complete the payment section of the application form correctly. If this section contains errors, we will not be able to process your payment. This will mean that your application is invalid.
How to pay your application fee if you are outside the UK
Close If you are applying from outside the UK, our visa services website contains information about the application process and fees in the country where you are applying from.

Internet links

* Visa services website

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:29 pm

[u]
[b]Applicants and their dependants can pay the following reduced fees if they submit a valid Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) letter with their application:[/u][/b]

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:41 pm

As I mentioned, HSMP letter is (or should I say, used to be) valid for only 6 months. If your dependent had applied for EC during that time (within 6 months of HSMP approval), you might have been allowed to pay the reduced fees for dependent EC application.

As on date, you do not possess a *valid* HSMP approval letter. The validity expired a long time ago. Read the HSMP guidance if you still have them .. I believe this fact (on validity of HSMP approval letter) is clearly mentioned in there.

regards

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:00 am

as far as i remember that even after my hsmp approval letter expired even then it was clearly stated everywhere that ppl will pay lower fee who can show approval letter not with condition of validity.
kindly check below sites for reference

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant
What fee will my dependants pay?

They will pay the same fee as you. This will be either at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme rate or Tier 1 (General) Migrant rate depending on the scheme under which you entered the United Kingdom.

outbound

Post by outbound » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:33 am

zaynab79 wrote:as far as i remember that even after my hsmp approval letter expired even then it was clearly stated everywhere that ppl will pay lower fee who can show approval letter not with condition of validity.
kindly check below sites for reference

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... ralmigrant
What fee will my dependants pay?

They will pay the same fee as you. This will be either at the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme rate or Tier 1 (General) Migrant rate depending on the scheme under which you entered the United Kingdom.
The scheme under which you entered UK? Tier-1 vignette on your passport.

You were allowed into the tier-1 scheme based on the HSMP approval letter, thats how the HO sees it. Weather you want to agree to it or not, thats how the rule is. They will not accept reduced fee from you and they are correct in doing so.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:32 am

I give up, as you fail to get the point!

Anyhow, it is up to you to convince local BHC to allow your dependent to pay reduced fees (and that too, perhaps, sitting in the UK). As I see it, in your case it may not be possible:
1. You were never issued leave to enter as HSMP. but Tier 1 (General).
2. You received HSMP approval at the time when UK govt. had announced the introduction of Tier 1 (General) category and put in place transitional measures for people with HSMP approval to be granted Tier 1 (General) status.
3. You do not hold "current / valid" HSMP approval letter or HSMP leave to enter / remain.

I hope you are able to convince them, though I must admit (from personal experience) that it is not an easy thing to do.

All the best.

regards

zaynab79

Post by zaynab79 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:15 pm

sushdmehta,

m not in UK as yet haven been since i got visa cuz i got nrely married and waited for recession to get better but its not really changing hence now applying for husband in orer to go there with him.

asdf786

dependent visa fee

Post by asdf786 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:15 pm

Hi,

In my case, it is little bit different. I got Approval letter, i applied based on approval letter and got HSMP based entry clearance in April 2008. Means HSMP migrant was written on my passport. My extension was due in April 2010 and at the time of extension they now put Tier 1 Migrant on my passport. Now if apply for my wife, what would be the fee? Reduced or full which is now Rs. 96000?

I would thankful if someone clear it.

thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:59 am

sushdmehta wrote:Unless you applied for HSMP approval before Nov. 06 changes OR were issued a HSMP vignette (visa that says HSMP) which is still valid, it will be hard to convince local BHC that Tier 1 fees do not apply.

regards

hsmpapply
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpapply » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Just have a look at this link, it might help you
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... =hsmpapply