ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

conversion and salary ; tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lelik22

conversion and salary ; tier 1

Post by lelik22 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:40 am

Hi guys,

I receive money from hamburg ( germany ) and I work in Azerbaijan. Money are credited in euros and then converted into manats. For the past 6 months I have lost around 300 euros ( azn) on conversion. So the amount that will be shown on a bank statement will slightly differ from what is indicated in my payslips! Do you think , it might cause a problem ? what can i do in this situation?

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:03 am

Hmm interesting.

IMHO, you need to mention this detail in your covering letter / additional notes area in the VAF9 application and explain to them that your company pays you in euros, but because your current work location is Azerbaijan, the money is coverted and payed in manats and hence the difference due to loss in conversion rate.

Best luck mate.

However, search around the forum a bit before doing this, you might find similar situations that have happened in the past.

lelik22

Post by lelik22 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:14 am

Wow this forum is so helpful :) thanks for your advice.

Me

outbound

Post by outbound » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:48 pm

I hope lesser of the 2 amounts are enough for earnings points.