ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

passport application check & send service

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alizarao

passport application check & send service

Post by alizarao » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:05 pm

i just wanted to ask about this service. is there any harm if i'll send my application by myself.what will they check its os simple & straight farward application. orignals will also send in any case. so what is the significance to use this service??????

edinburgh

Re: passport application check & send service

Post by edinburgh » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:56 pm

alizarao wrote:i just wanted to ask about this service. is there any harm if i'll send my application by myself.what will they check its os simple & straight farward application. orignals will also send in any case. so what is the significance to use this service??????
well, if you want to spend 8 quid on something that you can also do yourself, then why not.

the originals are sent back by recorded delivery if you add another £3 to your application fee and tick/cross the appropriate box on page 1.

i didn't use check and send, and got my passport in 2 weeks.

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:11 pm

edinburgh wrote:
alizarao wrote:i just wanted to ask about this service. is there any harm if i'll send my application by myself.what will they check its os simple & straight farward application. orignals will also send in any case. so what is the significance to use this service??????
well, if you want to spend 8 quid on something that you can also do yourself, then why not.

the originals are sent back by recorded delivery if you add another £3 to your application fee and tick/cross the appropriate box on page 1.

i didn't use check and send, and got my passport in 2 weeks.
thanks for yr feed back. infact its family appliction i-e altogather 4 application. so now i'm confident i'll send bymyself. thanks again.

faz123

Post by faz123 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:23 pm

edinburgh wrote: i didn't use check and send, and got my passport in 2 weeks.
Hi Edinburgh, if you dont mind, could you please advise when you applied and your timeline for the passport application. Did you also have an interview?

I applied using C&S on 15/7 and have not heard anything yet

Many Thanks

Faz
Last edited by faz123 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alizarao

Post by alizarao » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:29 pm

[quote="alizarao"]i just wanted to ask about this service. is there any harm if i'll send my application by myself.what will they check its os simple & straight farward application. orignals will also send in any case. so what is the significance to use this service??????[/quote]

can u please suggest me that should i send each application seperately or i can post in one big envelop. (4 application 2 adult,2 kids).

faz123

Post by faz123 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:53 pm

alizarao wrote:
can u please suggest me that should i send each application seperately or i can post in one big envelop. (4 application 2 adult,2 kids).
Well I have applied using C&S. If you are sending your passports, you should probably consider sending them by special delivery if not keen on C&S. If you check the passport application guide, I think it mentions to send the applications of all family members together in one envelope. Page 4 section 8- "8 If you are applying for passports for other members of your family, send all your applications in one envelope"
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 184487.pdf

krimith

Post by krimith » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:47 pm

faz123 wrote:
alizarao wrote:
Well I have applied using C&S. If you are sending your passports, you should probably consider sending them by special delivery if not keen on C&S. If you check the passport application guide, I think it mentions to send the applications of all family members together in one envelope. Page 4 section 8- "8 If you are applying for passports for other members of your family, send all your applications in one envelope"
http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg ... 184487.pdf
Yes thats right and only one payment slip you have to fill calculate four passport total and if you want secure delivery document back so each £3 extra

edinburgh

Post by edinburgh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:32 am

faz123 wrote:
Hi Edinburgh, if you dont mind, could you please advise when you applied and your timeline for the passport application. Did you also have an interview?

Many Thanks

Faz
i was lucky to have had an interview as soon as i heard from the passport people - they didn't even manage to send me directions on time; they arrived the day after the interview. the passport came 2-3 days after.

they do say that during busy periods it may take longer to get one's passport. i applied at the end of june, either 24 or 25; had my interview 5 july, and passport came 7 or 8 july.

noah11

Post by noah11 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:15 pm

edinburgh wrote:
faz123 wrote:

Many Thanks

Faz
i was lucky to have had an interview as soon as i heard from the passport people - they didn't even manage to send me directions on time; they arrived the day after the interview. the passport came 2-3 days after.

they do say that during busy periods it may take longer to get one's passport. i applied at the end of june, either 24 or 25; had my interview 5 july, and passport came 7 or 8 july.
what documents have you sent with the application form,please?
mohamed

edinburgh

Post by edinburgh » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:52 pm

noah11 wrote: what documents have you sent with the application form,please?
the req'd ones - naturalisation certificate and passport

noah11

Post by noah11 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:30 pm

edinburgh wrote:
thanks pal.so wot does req'd mean,please?
mohamed

BLK235

Post by BLK235 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:34 pm

noah11 wrote:
edinburgh wrote:
Req'd=required

noah11

Post by noah11 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:50 pm

BLK235 wrote:
noah11 wrote:
edinburgh wrote:
Req'd=required
Cheers Mate
mohamed