ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Interview Questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kristin_Zhao
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Interview Questions

Post by Kristin_Zhao » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:12 pm

I went to an interview today at Jersey Immigration. I need to submit more documents like my degree certificate, health card and so on, so I have to go back for another interview some time next month. My application is based on marriage. The immigration officer said she will ask me questions like how I met my husband. Does anyone know what questions will be asked in the interview? Thank you very much!

beeba

Re: Naturalisation Interview Questions

Post by beeba » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Kristin_Zhao wrote:I went to an interview today at Jersey Immigration. I need to submit more documents like my degree certificate, health card and so on, so I have to go back for another interview some time next month. My application is based on marriage. The immigration officer said she will ask me questions like how I met my husband. Does anyone know what questions will be asked in the interview? Thank you very much!
Why Degree? What was your immigration status when you got married?

BLK235

Re: Naturalisation Interview Questions

Post by BLK235 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:03 pm

Kristin_Zhao wrote:I went to an interview today at Jersey Immigration. I need to submit more documents like my degree certificate, health card and so on, so I have to go back for another interview some time next month. My application is based on marriage. The immigration officer said she will ask me questions like how I met my husband. Does anyone know what questions will be asked in the interview? Thank you very much!
Interview for naturalisation as a British Citizen? Never heard of this.

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:43 pm

Note the OP said JERSEY.

Kristin_Zhao
Newly Registered

Post by Kristin_Zhao » Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:17 pm

I first came to England as a student. After graduated from uni, I got married to my husband who is British. Then I was on spouse visa. We moved to Jersey later and I got my ILR in Jersey in 2007. Now, I am applying for British citizenship here. I know the procedures here will be a little bit different from the mainland. Just wondering if someone has been asked questions in the interview. If so, what kind of questions will they ask? Thank you.