ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1 year min visa for a few jobs

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

*FC*
Member of Standing

1 year min visa for a few jobs

Post by *FC* » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:41 am

Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone encountered this condition by a few employers about the candidate requiring a minimum of 1 year validity on their Visa ?

Atleast that gives me an opportunity and reason to extend 8 months in advance!! :mrgreen:

FC

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:51 am

Yes, many employers seem to want a min 8 to 12months validity on your visa no matter what visa you hold.
This is because they are taking you on board as a permie and want to ensure they wont have any issue with you regarding visas.

I say this because when I used to be on a Work Permit, the Missus always had a problem securing a permanent role when I had less than 12 months left on my WP. Even if she assured them the WP will get extended for another 2 years so there is no cause to worry, they said no and it was a total pain

KP

*FC*
Member of Standing

Post by *FC* » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:34 pm

kenfrapin wrote:Yes, many employers seem to want a min 8 to 12months validity on your visa no matter what visa you hold.
This is because they are taking you on board as a permie and want to ensure they wont have any issue with you regarding visas.

I say this because when I used to be on a Work Permit, the Missus always had a problem securing a permanent role when I had less than 12 months left on my WP. Even if she assured them the WP will get extended for another 2 years so there is no cause to worry, they said no and it was a total pain

KP
Yeah, I do agree with you! :)

Wondering if this would be a good reason for an early Tier 1 extension, since my Tier 1 expires in April 2011 ?!!

FC

namastelondon

Post by namastelondon » Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 pm

Well you dont need to give a reason. My extension was due in Feb 2010 but I had applied for extension in Sept 2009.