ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA- Are Recruitment Agencies acting unlawfully

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mwalimu
Newly Registered

COA- Are Recruitment Agencies acting unlawfully

Post by Mwalimu » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:18 pm

I posted this message a fews days and wanted to get a broader view on experiences of members in this forum, given the fact that we are sailing in the same boat.
[/quote]I have been searching for a job now for the last 12 weeks and it is very frustrating as most if not all recruitment agencies do not accept COA as a form of right to work documentation. I have been to and spoken to numerous agencies all of whom have out right rejected or refused to put forward my resume/CV to employers on the basis of insufficient prove of rights to work. I have reached a point where I now have to seek advice on whether such agencies have acted unlawfully.

My COA states explicitly that as a family member of a EEA residence, I have the right to live and take employment. It further gives guideline to employers on what they need to do confirm employment eligibility. Despite this, the agencies are not at all bothered and this has therefore meant, I have been unable to secure a job. Having said, employers have full knowledge of the COA and those I have had a benefit to interview with have COA details on their list of documentation required, unlike these agencies.

Is there anyone out there who has found themselves a similar circumstance and if yes, what cause of action have you taken?

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:30 pm

I simply asked the agency to avail themselves of the UKBA employer's checking service. And they did.