ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage Interview @ UKBA EEA Office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

London-er

Marriage Interview @ UKBA EEA Office

Post by London-er » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:00 am

Has anyone experienced or been invited for a marriage interview by the UKBA before ? My friend and his wife have been invited for a marriage interview @ UKBA HO after their EEA2 & 1 applications has been with the UKBA for nearly one year and He received a letter via his solicitor that they should visit UKBA premises for a marriage interview. Strange...I never knew such happens. Though my Friend and his wife are very optimistic about the visit but I keep wondering why? Could it be they have doubt about their marriage or is it a new style ?
Has anyone gone through this bridge ??? Pls share with us what the atmosphere could be like.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Marriage Interview @ UKBA EEA Office

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:32 am

London-er wrote:Has anyone experienced or been invited for a marriage interview by the UKBA before ? My friend and his wife have been invited for a marriage interview @ UKBA HO after their EEA2 & 1 applications has been with the UKBA for nearly one year and He received a letter via his solicitor that they should visit UKBA premises for a marriage interview. Strange...I never knew such happens. Though my Friend and his wife are very optimistic about the visit but I keep wondering why? Could it be they have doubt about their marriage or is it a new style ?
Has anyone gone through this bridge ??? Pls share with us what the atmosphere could be like.
Number one reason is a suspected marriage of convenience.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

maganzo

Post by maganzo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:37 pm

London-er wrote:Has anyone experienced or been invited for a marriage interview by the UKBA before ? My friend and his wife have been invited for a marriage interview @ UKBA HO after their EEA2 & 1 applications has been with the UKBA for nearly one year and He received a letter via his solicitor that they should visit UKBA premises for a marriage interview. Strange...I never knew such happens. Though my Friend and his wife are very optimistic about the visit but I keep wondering why? Could it be they have doubt about their marriage or is it a new style ?

Try to read European Caseworker Instructions , reasons why interviews are asked!But it is very rare for the interviews to be called.

sultry
Newly Registered

Post by sultry » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:26 pm

maganzo wrote:

Try to read European Caseworker Instructions , reasons why interviews are asked!But it is very rare for the interviews to be called.
i and my husband went for interview in Liverpool after our application was held for 9 months. we were questioned for four hours and asked all sorts. so tell your friend to be prepared. i was issued my RC on the same day

London-er

Post by London-er » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:33 am

4 hours ??? Wow ! Thanks for the info. Will pass it on so they'll have to expect a very busy day @ Liverpool .

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Marriage interviews are, as Wanderer suggested, to make sure the marriage is not one of convenience.

Here in Poland for example, its mandatory. Wife and husband are questioned separately and then the answers are forwarded to the relevant case worker. Questions can vary a lot and can be about anything to do with the couple but as long as the relationship is genuine, it shouldn't be a problem.

Those interviews are of course in addition to the random police checks that they can do from the time you lodge your application to the time you get a decision.

I am glad the UKBA has also started doing and would be good if they could make it mandatory along with the random police checks. After all, there have been 'love marriages' in the UK where the two didn't even have a common language !!
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:20 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:I am glad the UKBA has also started doing and would be good if they could make it mandatory along with the random police checks.
May be ideal but not practicable to roll out to all EEA2 applications filed in their thousands per year.

jerseycrow
Newly Registered

marriage visa interview as wel

Post by jerseycrow » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:17 am

my wife n i was invited to attend an interview as well, however the strangest thing happen, we recieved a letter saying they hve reviewed the case again and decided to issue a resident card, hence no longer needed to attend an interview.
we were thrilled to hear this as we were dreading the kind of questiopn we were to expect .

Now we are just waiting for our passports to be returned after 16 months and still counting....

linpoo
Newly Registered

Post by linpoo » Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:22 pm

my solicitor call ukba in my presence it has been confirm and they give us ref no they used to cancelled the interview we were told they ve review alot of cases and find out that no need for interview.but am still confused has anyone be in in the same position.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:34 am

hello guys.. so my husband and I are going to liverpool on thursday for interview.... just one question, is there any chance to get the residence card issued on the same day, or is totally out of possibilities? Does anyone know what really happens there?

thanks,

Sandra

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:23 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:Here in Poland for example, its mandatory. Wife and husband are questioned separately and then the answers are forwarded to the relevant case worker. Questions can vary a lot and can be about anything to do with the couple but as long as the relationship is genuine, it shouldn't be a problem.
It may be mandatory for non-EEA applications, but it is not legal to do it for most or all EEA applications. The proof required is simply a marriage certificate, unless the caseworker has case-specific suspicion that this is a marriage of convenience.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:25 pm

London-er wrote:Has anyone experienced or been invited for a marriage interview by the UKBA before ? My friend and his wife have been invited for a marriage interview @ UKBA HO after their EEA2 & 1 applications has been with the UKBA for nearly one year and He received a letter via his solicitor that they should visit UKBA premises for a marriage interview.
Your friends should turn the interview around. UKBA is required to have issued the EEA Family Permit within 6 months. No option for them to take longer. They should ask some very serious questions about the source of the delay.

szandi1990
Newly Registered

Post by szandi1990 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:32 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
London-er wrote:Has anyone experienced or been invited for a marriage interview by the UKBA before ? My friend and his wife have been invited for a marriage interview @ UKBA HO after their EEA2 & 1 applications has been with the UKBA for nearly one year and He received a letter via his solicitor that they should visit UKBA premises for a marriage interview.
Your friends should turn the interview around. UKBA is required to have issued the EEA Family Permit within 6 months. No option for them to take longer. They should ask some very serious questions about the source of the delay.
Their statement is a bit out of time now! Do you have any suggestion about my question?

pinkpanter

Post by pinkpanter » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:36 pm

szandi1990 wrote:hello guys.. so my husband and I are going to liverpool on thursday for interview.... just one question, is there any chance to get the residence card issued on the same day, or is totally out of possibilities? Does anyone know what really happens there?

thanks,

Sandra
When I had an intreview for my RC (6 years ago) they asked me separately a series of interview question i.e. what i had in my dinner last night, what time I reached home after finished work and when I went to sleep, where were our marriage ceremony recepions and what was in Menu etc etc... and after me they asked from my wife same questions seperately. There were around 45 questions and I think it took around 1 1/2 hours (incl both interview time). The interview was on camera and before I signed the interview declaration which IO asked me to read and advice if I am agree with this. Then IO called both of us in the office and explained our result which was 100% matched. He confirmed me that I will get my passport within 10 working days and gave us copies of our interviews question answere. I received my passport very next day with RC attached by special delevery enevolop provided. Hope it helps.

Juss

Interview

Post by Juss » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:36 am

They called me and my wife for interview but i dont want to go for that?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Imshzd

Re: Interview

Post by Imshzd » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:22 am

Juss wrote:They called me and my wife for interview but i dont want to go for that?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Do you have any reason for that?

Why you do not want to attend the interview?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: Interview

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:49 am

Juss wrote:They called me and my wife for interview but i dont want to go for that?

Any suggestions?
You are required to provide additional evidence that you are married, but you can choose the form you provide it in. The interview is not the only way to do that.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Calling for EEA2 applicants on interview is a substitute policy of surprise home visits from UKBA since 2013 which is almost now a part of application although it varies from case to case. Interview can be postponed if necessary but should attend it to avoid any further delay to the application.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS