ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does Magistrate court order affect my naturalisation appl.?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

oslik
Newly Registered

Does Magistrate court order affect my naturalisation appl.?

Post by oslik » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:21 pm

I've missed a concil tax payment (stupid mistake lost the bill and missed the reminders, nothing intentional).

So it's reulstate in teh magsitrate court hearing, which issued liability order against me. It is not a CCJ against me. The debt is cleared up and paid in full. I asked the, they say that this information is only for internal court usage and does not goes anywhere.

I checked the AN application form, it only requires CCJs. It doesn't say anything about magistrate court. So i was wondering, what is the checks, which HO made with councils.
Do they just ask if the money are paid in full for the time i Live there, or would they be informed as to weather one payment was missed and the liability order issued?

Does anyone have any experience with that?? It would be very helpful.

alikhan28
BANNED

Re: Does Magistrate court order affect my naturalisation app

Post by alikhan28 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:48 pm

I checked the AN application form, it only requires CCJs. It doesn't say anything about magistrate court. So i was wondering, what is the checks, which HO made with councils.
I belive home office check with council for tax payments.Even they can ask you to provide full proves where you lived.
Do they just ask if the money are paid in full for the time i Live there, or would they be informed as to weather one payment was missed and the liability order issued?
If you have paid bill then no worries.If they contacted council then council can inform.

Ali
..................................................................................................
This is simply a general discussion not an immigration advice. I not necessarily correct on everything I would say. I am learning too

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:21 pm

Was in a similar situation. Declared it (even though not a CCJ) and attached a letter from my council confirming my account is up to date.

See my timeline here