ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which embassy to apply Schengen

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aliahmed
Newly Registered

Which embassy to apply Schengen

Post by aliahmed » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:39 am

Hi,

I have a few questions/queries. Before questions little about my history.

I am on Tier1 General in UK. I had Schengen visa's previously e.g 2 times first a year ago from France(on which I never traveled) and recently from Germany (on which I spent 2 weeks in north Germany)

I want to go France for an exhibition for 1 or 2 days. Then later this year I have plan to go to Germany again for new year eve like for a week.

Question is do I have to apply 2 seprate times for 2 different schengen visa's or I can get 6 months schengen visa from France on which I could travel to Germany later on.

If yes then do I have to travel Germany via France, which is not bad but just time consuming.

Another thing if I travel Germany after my small visit to France, will this effect my chances to get Schengen visa from french embassy or other Schengen countries in future?

Lastly is French embassy's process of dealing with same as last year I mean submitting application and processing time etc.

Many thanks.

Regards,
Ali.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:54 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_v ... engen_visa

You may be able to argue for a visa just valid long enought to cover both trips though I have some doubts that this will happen. It may be more likely that you will have to apply for 2 separate visa.

aliahmed
Newly Registered

Post by aliahmed » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:28 am

Thanks for replying 86ti.

But what if I book some hotel in France for later same dates and argue for longer visa so I get a longer visa which covers my Germany visit aswell.

Also which country could be better getting little longer visa I mean like 6 months, I cant waste 2 days and hassle of all paper work every-time I need a visit.
Last time I argued French embassy and they issued me 6 months duration easily without even presenting any future bookings for other visits.

Anyone with past experience with French embassy or any other for 6 months Schengen tourist visa please share.

Many thanks.

Ali.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:57 am

You can always try to argue your case. If you already have positive experience with France why don't you try it again? Such an approach is probably more risky with Germany in your case unless you have enough time to apply separately for France.

To get a longer term visa you must show that you have abided by the rules in the past. The expecations may also be that you have travelled to country who issued the visa. If a visa is valid for a longer time than it may not make sense to require proof for future travels.

Anyway, you'll have to simply try. If the embassy doesn't agree they will reduce the validness of the visa.

aliahmed
Newly Registered

Post by aliahmed » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:44 am

Thanks for reply 86ti.

For sure I have to visit France first so I think I can try and argue with French embassy for 6 months schengen visit visa if I show them some bookings of later dates in France which I can cancel as I get the visa.

Otherwise I have option to get visit visa from German embassy by post because I already have a visa from them in last 6 months.

Thanks again .

Please suggest if there is any better/less hassled way to get 6 months Schengen visit visa in my case.

Regards,
Ali

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:03 pm

All the French Embassy needs to know is that you are entering France first. So take your travel documents for both your France trip and your Germany trip and they should issue you with a Schengan visa which covers both, provided your passport and current stay in the UK is valid for long enough. :)

Maxies
Newly Registered

Post by Maxies » Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:16 am

Hello Ali,

Germany would be easier since you have already been there. French representatives at the UK embassy will probably ask a lot of documents, even more if you are coming from countries such as Africa or South Asia (Pakistan. Iran...). This could be an hassle. Tell us which embassy did you choose and how it went !

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Maxies wrote:Hello Ali,

Germany would be easier since you have already been there. French representatives at the UK embassy will probably ask a lot of documents, even more if you are coming from countries such as Africa or South Asia (Pakistan. Iran...). This could be an hassle. Tell us which embassy did you choose and how it went !
This isn't true... I'm from South Africa and have never been asked questions out of the ordinary or for any more documents than are requested on the standard list. I've always got my Schengan visas from the French embassy. :)

Maxies
Newly Registered

Post by Maxies » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:06 am

Well good for you. But your truth is not the truth of everyone. Just too bad ! It is known that that the French embassies tend to ask more to people coming from a poor African country or risky countries in Asia or Middle East. It's fact. Even though, there is list of documents to hand in. They may decide that it's not enough to make a decision and ask more. If you are convinced, ask the Algerians or the Moroccans what they have to endure before obtaining a Shengen visa to France. However, if Ali is already living in UK with resident permit, it should be easier since the risk of overstaying in France is lower than someone coming a third countries without a resident permit in any European countries.

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:27 am

lkpone wrote:
Maxies wrote:Hello Ali,

This isn't true... I'm from South Africa and have never been asked questions out of the ordinary or for any more documents than are requested on the standard list. I've always got my Schengan visas from the French embassy. :)
Having said that, Ali, just double-check the list of countries for which they don't offer a same day service. There is a list on their website of countries where they require more time to process your application :)

Good luck! :)

seeneeru
Newly Registered

Shengen Visa for Netherland .. can i travel to spain

Post by seeneeru » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:25 am

Hey .. i have shengen visa from Netherland CONSULATE GENERAL IN LONDON and last week i had a visit of Netherlad.. now i want to go to Spain.. can i directaly book my tickets for Spain? or need to go to Netherland first and then Spain??

lkpone

Post by lkpone » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:37 am

As long as your schengan visa is valid for multiple entries, you're free to enter Spain directly :)

seeneeru
Newly Registered

Hi lkpone

Post by seeneeru » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:40 am

Hi lkpone

thanks for reply

Cheers, :D