ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non eea with rc going to spain with his eea

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Guerro
Member of Standing

Non eea with rc going to spain with his eea

Post by Guerro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Hello everyone, I'm egyptian with rc as a family member of a european citizen valid till 2014 issued by the home office. We booked a holiday already and on the spanish consulate website it is mentioned that i don't need a visa as long as I'm accompanied by my wife.
What i completely forgot is that the airlines staff don't know a lot about these laws. Will they prevent me from boarding? Did anyone have a similar experience? Any ideas are welcome

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Which airline? They should all have access to the timatic database, e.g. http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_bo ... ments.aspx

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks 86ti, it is Monarch airlines

JetBlack
Newly Registered

Post by JetBlack » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:38 pm

86ti wrote:Which airline? They should all have access to the timatic database, e.g. http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_bo ... ments.aspx
every time I have travelled with my wife (Im British, she is Chinese), I always took our wedding certificate evidence of residence and the relevant bits of the EEA treaties. The worst we have had to put up with is the person on the desk checking it over with their supervisor.

oh apart from the time when immigration in the UK didn't accept her EEA family permit (I was working in Germany at the time) and almost kicked her out of the UK. They just put a warning in her passport, and I contested it and got an apology from the home office.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:18 pm

Thanks for the advice. I never heard about a warning in a passport before. Is it something bad or dangerous?

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:33 pm

JetBlack wrote:
86ti wrote:Which airline? They should all have access to the timatic database, e.g. http://www.emirates.com/english/plan_bo ... ments.aspx
every time I have travelled with my wife (Im British, she is Chinese), I always took our wedding certificate evidence of residence and the relevant bits of the EEA treaties. The worst we have had to put up with is the person on the desk checking it over with their supervisor.

oh apart from the time when immigration in the UK didn't accept her EEA family permit (I was working in Germany at the time) and almost kicked her out of the UK. They just put a warning in her passport, and I contested it and got an apology from the home office.
Was her family permit issued by the uk or germany?
If germany, i would say the HO doesn't accept eea visas issued by other countries. If it was issued by the HO, i don't know what to say! :cry:

hunpak
Member of Standing

Re: Non eea with rc going to spain with his eea

Post by hunpak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Guerro wrote:Hello everyone, I'm egyptian with rc as a family member of a european citizen valid till 2014 issued by the home office. We booked a holiday already and on the spanish consulate website it is mentioned that i don't need a visa as long as I'm accompanied by my wife.
What i completely forgot is that the airlines staff don't know a lot about these laws. Will they prevent me from boarding? Did anyone have a similar experience? Any ideas are welcome
I am on RC and i have been to Spain but never had problem.. but at times u have to explain it..if u 'll tell then in easy language they will understand..

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Thanks hunpak. Did you have to take the marriage certificate with you or any other document besides the rc?

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:09 pm

Guerro wrote:Thanks hunpak. Did you have to take the marriage certificate with you or any other document besides the rc?
No Guerro i just took my passport only..
but i can be a good idea...don worry i even went to balboa (its a small port) and they were aware of RC holders