ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport related Question for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

xyz123

Passport related Question for ILR

Post by xyz123 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi

I am applying for ILR in person on 15th october based on WP+Tier 1 (current visa). Have got couple of questions on ILR:

1) Is there any minimum period for which passport must be valid. e.g. many visa applications state that passport must be valide for 6 months after date of applicaiton. Mine is valid until 30 April 2010. Not sure if this is applicable for ILR.

2) Secondly is it mandatory to have an empty page in passport. Its such an obvious statement that they need one page to stamp the visa. I heard that there is a possibility they can even issue visa without passport (they issue seperate document). My situation is that i have one empty page left in passport. I am making two short european trips before ILR. I am worried that immigration officers may stamp entry/exit stamps on this one blank page. I am not too keen on going to indian embassy on london in case they take very long to issue a new passport.

Thanks
J

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:07 pm

1. No.
2. An Immigration Status Document (ISD - vignette on separate paper) may prove a problem when applying for visa to travel to other countries as some countries require that the UK residency permit / visa be affixed in the applicant's passport.

regards

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Will it be possible to mention this to the passport control at the airport. Just politely suggest that they keep the blank page blank.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:46 pm

Thanks for all replies. I am hoping to mention to the immigration officer regarding leaving blankpage. its just that i tried it at heathrow last year and the immigration officer delibrately stamped on empty page...

i will just ride my luck and see what happens. if the page gets used up i may just delay ilr appliation by couple of weeks and see if indian embassy can give me passport...

thanks

nksg

Post by nksg » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:07 pm

I would recommend you get your passport renewed. I did it last month and Indian HC has SLA of three days... only thing is you need to reach there @ 6 in the morning if you dont have whole day to spare...

xyz123 wrote:Thanks for all replies. I am hoping to mention to the immigration officer regarding leaving blankpage. its just that i tried it at heathrow last year and the immigration officer delibrately stamped on empty page...

i will just ride my luck and see what happens. if the page gets used up i may just delay ilr appliation by couple of weeks and see if indian embassy can give me passport...

thanks