ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

skris
Newly Registered

ILR success - Croydon PEO

Post by skris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:35 pm

I recently received the ILR for my family and I at Croydon PEO. Overall the process was smooth and experience pleasant. The total wait time was about 3 hours but having waited for 5 years this is nothing really!

Upon entry, the security asks for the confirmation number - I had printed the e-mail and attached with the app form. Next we were asked to stand in a queue to be seen by an officer. One thing I noticed is, there were people whose appointment was 2 hours after mine but they went before me & so I suppose one can go in any time on the day!

The officer did a thorough job of analysing my app which took about 45 minutes. The primary documents asked were recent employer letter (very important), bank statements & pay slips for 3 months, employment history for 5 years (P60s), LIUK test pass letter, passports. I was asked if I had ever spent more than 90 days in a single trip outside UK during the last 5 years and I had not.

The person asked me whether I lived at a particular address which I had no clue about. Again I was asked if I worked for an employer 'x' which I had no clue about. I was told their system have them in my name but I said I had nothing to do with either of them - this was a bit strange and I was a bit nervous at that time. However, it didnt seem to have any impact and soon after my app was stamped valid which was sort of reassuring as you do this BEFORE paying the fee! I was asked to make the payment and my number was immediately called.

I went to the counter and the person asked me to handover all the documents I wanted to. I asked if I should only give the documents seen earlier, I was told to submit everything. I had organised each set in folders and so handed over bank statements for 5 years, P60s, last 12 months pay slips, employment contracts/letters for 5 years, LIUK pass letters, children's birth certificate, marriage certificate, council tax statements & rental agreements for 5 years.

The officer returned some of the docs but kept the following:
- last 3 months bank statement
- 12 months payslips
- employer letter & employment contracts for 5 years
- LIUK, birth cert
- latest council tax statement
- latest rental agreement
- passports and photos

The only question this offer asked me was, again, whether I had spent 90 days outside UK in a single trip at any time. The officer spent about an hour and a half analysing the docs and taking photocopies. I was then called back to be told that our passports would be ready within half an hour.

In the meanwhile, it looked like the person at the next counter did not have the latest letter from employer. When queried about that he argued that, that was required only for WPs and not Tier 1s. After some consultations internally that was accepted as well. However, I would say get the letter from employer as they specifically ask for it!

We went downstairs and received our passports with ILR stamp in about 20 minutes. Overall it took 3 hours but the process was fairly straightforward!

The only difference in my case is the officer took the last 12 months payslips. May be that it was kept only because I gave them and perhaps 3 months is enough. However, be prepared and take all your documents with you even if they are not asked that day! Another thing I subsequently learned from friends is that dependants are actually NOT required to be present! Had I known this I wouldn't have dragged my spouse and kids to the PEO!

Good luck!!