ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice about EEA Family Permit - HELP PLEASE

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

kleana
Newly Registered

Need advice about EEA Family Permit - HELP PLEASE

Post by kleana » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:41 pm

Hello,

I am applying for a EEA Family Permit Visa next week and i need some quick advice. I am a non-EEA member (i am from Albania) and I am married to a Polish nationality from march 2010. I have been living in Poland since 2004 in a student visa. I met my husband in the university. We live together for 3 years. Than after finishing studies in January 2010 i left Poland because my visa was near to expire and i couldn't stay. On March after preparing all the doc. my husband came to Albania and we got married. After that we came back together to Poland, when we legalized our marriage in Poland and i got my resident permit for 1 year. My husband just traveled to UK and next week he is starting a permanent job. I want to join him as soon as possible and i have some questions, about my visa application. Are this the whole documents i need to provide for the EEA Family Permit or something is missing?

1- Accommodation
2- Financial evidence
3- My husband job details
4- My residence permit in Poland
5- Marriage certificate
6- Husband copy of passport or national identity card

Do i have to wait for my husband to register for Worker Registration Scheme or can i apply before?
In the visa form there is a part in which i have to write my husband National Insurance Number, as my husband begins to work next week and he does not have a National Insurance Number jet do i need to wait for him to get NIN or i don't need this?

Please i will be very grateful if anybody could help. I read a lot of information in the internet but I am still so confused and worried because a lot of people were refused to get a EEA Family Permit .

Thank you, thank you very much
Kleana

John

Post by John » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:34 am

Do i have to wait for my husband to register for Worker Registration Scheme or can i apply before?
You can apply before.
In the visa form there is a part in which i have to write my husband National Insurance Number, as my husband begins to work next week and he does not have a National Insurance Number jet do i need to wait for him to get NIN or i don't need this?
Write something like "Not yet issued". You might explain in a covering letter that your husband started work in the UK on (date) and that the NI number will be applied for in the near future.

It is not a requirement that the person has a NI number, in order for the EEA Family Permit to be issued.
John

kleana
Newly Registered

Post by kleana » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:12 am

Hi John,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. I have one more question. Are the above documents all i have to provide to the embassy or something is missing?

Thank you once again John.

John

Post by John » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:40 am

That list looks OK to me. Your Polish residence permit confirms that you can make in the application in Poland; no need to return to your country to apply.
John

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi kleana,

I applied for an EEA family permit in January of this year (married to a Swede living in the UK)

This is what I included in the application

My passport
Copy of his passport
His most recent payslips
Our marriage certificate
Letter from his employer*
Letter from him stating that he wanted me to join him in the UK*
Covering letter from me explaining our relationship history*
Various photos of us together*
Letters addressed to us at our flat in the UK*

*I'm not sure these were strictly necessary but we had only been together for 6 months and married for a few days when I applied... I did not want them trying to throw "marriage of convenience" at us!

All went smoothly - It was issued in 5 working days.

Now just waiting (and waiting!) for my residence card! :shock:

Hope that helps!

Tiny

kleana
Newly Registered

Post by kleana » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:08 pm

I appreciate very much your answer Tiny. Can you please tell me if i need to provide my birth certificate or my husband birth certificate to the embassy? As i live in Poland i can easily get my husband birth certificate, but to get mine from Albania it will take a lot of time and than the translation in english, i don't know :? if this is necessary for the EEA Family Permit? My passport, my marriage certificate, and my polish resident permit has the same information. Can you please clear my dilemma :?:

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:55 pm

No, birth certificates aren't necessary. Just your passport and a copy of your husband's will do. And remember you need the original marriage certificate (translated if it's not in Polish or English). I can't speak for the embassy in Poland, but in Stockholm they just copied it and gave it back straight away.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!

Tiny

kleana
Newly Registered

Post by kleana » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 pm

Tiny, what do you mean with original marriage certificate? We got married in Albania and we legalized our marriage in Poland. I have the marriage certificate from polish institution, and it is issued already in 5-6 languages, also in english, so i do not need to translate it. I want to enclose this one for the EEA Family permit application. This is also a original marriage certificate. Or the embassy wants the marriage certificate from the country we got married?

Tiny
Newly Registered

Post by Tiny » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Oh, that's fine kleana! I just meant make sure it's not a photocopy :) You sound like you're good to go! Absolutely no problem if the certificate is already in English. Again, good luck and keep us updated!

kleana
Newly Registered

Post by kleana » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Thank you all for providing me this important information. I don't know what i could have done without you. Finger crossed now for my application.

kleana
Newly Registered

Post by kleana » Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Hi everybody!!

I got my EEA Family Permit today :D I am so happy finally I am meeting my husband. I have to thank you all for helping me with my application. Thank you all !!!

Buzz

Post by Buzz » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:58 am

How long did it take the embassy to issue the family permit ?

kleana
Newly Registered

Post by kleana » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:12 pm

It takes up to 15 working days to issue the EEA Family Permit. I got it after 10 working days.

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Post by noble72uk » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:43 pm

kleana wrote:It takes up to 15 working days to issue the EEA Family Permit. I got it after 10 working days.
Congratulations :D and welcome to the next step the EEA2 application.