ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Sheffield PEO - September 10th

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ILR_Queries

ILR Success at Sheffield PEO - September 10th

Post by ILR_Queries » Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:28 am

Hi,

I would like to thank for the all the contributors to this forum and the moderators who aptly respond to the members queries.This forum had been of great help to me to clarify what ever doubts that i had with my application and i gained confidence with others responses.

Finally Me and my dependant were given the Indefinite Leave to Remain with in 3 hours of our application at the Sheffield PEO on the 10th September.

Pre Checks:

1) Ensure that you are having the latest application atleast 2 days before your appoint by checking at the UKBA Website.

2) Check that you received a text message confirming the details of the appointment from UKBA. The reference number mentioned in this text message is what you need to register your case on the day of the appointment

3) On the day before your appointment, Call your Credit/Debit card bank and let them know that you are going to make a one shot payment of more than 1000 pounds. My Credit card company made a note of it and they said, such a transaction would only be allowed with in the next 48 hours. Note down the landline number of the Fraud Department of the Debit card bank. Incase, your transaction was not allowed, you can call
them from PEO office to make the transaction through.

On the day of Appointment:

Our appointment was at 10.00 clock, we reached there at around 9.40, though we targeted for 9.30.

Sheffield PEO is a small office. As when we entered we had an Airport style check and the security officer asked to report at Counter 7.

I gave the reference number that was in the text message sent by UKBA and they confirmed my name. The Receptionist at the Counter 7 gave my registration number with a small paper. This needs to kept through out the day, as they call by this number. He then asked wait to be called by any of the officers in Counter 5 or 6.

With in a short span of time, officer at counter 5 called my number. He checked my application. They specifically look whether the photos taken are recent ones. He put my application and the supporting documents in to a file folder and asked me to go to the Payment Counter to Pay.

I used a VISA Debit card to pay my fee and the tx was done with in a minute. :-). All these were done with in a span of 45 mins.

Then me and my family waited in the waiting area to be called by a case worker. It was long wait. There was a SKY News going on in the TV. There was a note that if your child wants CBBies, staff can help. So i asked my child to ask the security, if she wants to change to CBBies. She was bold enough to go to the Heavily built Security officer to request to change to CBBies. :-). There was a heavy smile from all other children in the waiting area as their favourite channel was put in place by the security. After 2 1/2 hours of waiting, finally our numbers were called and the case worker lady said, every thing is fine with your case and you will be given your passports with stamping in another half hour. She gave all the supporting documents that i gave for my application.

With in 15 mins, the person at the counter 7 called my number and he gave us the passports with the Stamping on it and asked to check whether our names are printed correctly or not.

So our application was all done with in 3 hours and by 1 pm we found ourselves out of the PEO office and were heading to the nearest KFC shop as our stomach were rumbling.. :-)

Documents Submitted:

1) Set (O) Application
2) Payslips - 6 months
3) Current Account Bank Statement - 6 Months
4) Savings Account Bank Statement - 6 Months - The August one was taken from the Bank with a stamped seal on it. Though, i requested my
bank 10 days before my appointment, but still i did not receive by post. So, if your appointment is in the early days of the month, its better you
get a seal from the bank for the latest bank statements.
5) Life in the UK - Test Pass Notification Letter
6) Employer Letter- I used a letter from the employer issued for a different purpose as i know my employer will be reluctant to give such a letter
7) Birth Certificate of my Child
8 Marriage Certificate
9) Address Proof - Latest Utility Bills
10) P60 forms- All 5 years
11) P45 forms - I had 2
12) All Passports.

Backup Folder Contents:

1) All 5 year bank statements
2) Utility Bills - Where we resided in the past 5 years
3) All 5 year payslips
4) Degree Certificate
5) NHS Cards
6) Other official documents

But as usual, nothing was asked .

Every one's case is different and i would suggest you all to go through the past history threads in this forum to get clarified. The search utility at the top of the home page is also useful to find past history based on certain search terms.

I would be able to help, if you have any queries with your application. Wish you all the best with your application.

Kind Regards

harrys1234
Newly Registered

Post by harrys1234 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Happy Man. Bless you

mteja

Post by mteja » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:41 pm

@ILR Queries

Thanks for the information you have provided very helpful.

I question:1) Does any Visa Card be ok for the transaction? I bank with LLOYDS Tsb, (silver account). I will ring Lloyds 48hours before to inform them of the transaction. 2)The text message you mentioned:-did you book your appointment via phone?? As i got a reference via email. As i booked miine online.(3) Did you have to photocopy all the documents??

Pls advise
togetherness as one

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:13 am

Hi

Can you tell me if you can pay in cash at a PEO?

Many thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:15 am

juliajules1979 wrote:Hi

Can you tell me if you can pay in cash at a PEO?

Many thanks
No. See also PEO DO NOT ACCEPT CASH PAYMENT STARTING AUG 2,2010.

Please search the forum for information already available.

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:18 am

Many thanks for your reply.

The application is for my husband but I will be using my credit card will that be ok? I will be attending the appointment with him.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:20 am

juliajules1979 wrote:The application is for my husband but I will be using my credit card will that be ok?
Yes.

regards

juliajules1979
- thin ice -

Post by juliajules1979 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:25 am

Many many thanks for your replies.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:45 am

sushdmehta wrote:Yes.

regards
Strictly speaking only if the cardholder is present.

ILR_Queries

Post by ILR_Queries » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:39 am

mteja wrote:@ILR Queries

Thanks for the information you have provided very helpful.

I question:1) Does any Visa Card be ok for the transaction? I bank with LLOYDS Tsb, (silver account). I will ring Lloyds 48hours before to inform them of the transaction. 2)The text message you mentioned:-did you book your appointment via phone?? As i got a reference via email. As i booked miine online.(3) Did you have to photocopy all the documents??

Pls advise
Hi mteja,

1) Hope you are now aware visa card should be fine for tx.
2) I too did it online. This message will only be sent some 48 hours before
your actual appointment date and time
3) Nope. I did not photocopy any document. I believe HO at sheffield take
photocopies of all our supporting documents.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:12 am

It says on the UKBA 'What will happen on the day page' that you should arrive with photocopies of your documents already done(bring originals also). This is for Croydon PEO only.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... nontheday/