ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Days outside country

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

rohanbhargava
Newly Registered

Days outside country

Post by rohanbhargava » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:32 am

Hello,

I am about 30 days outside the 180 day limit for my ILR visa. So I have been away from about 210 days.

Does anyone know what are the implications of this for my application? Is 180 days a hard limit, is there flexibility, does my application need to be reviewed by a case worker only, can I apply in person still?

Any guidance shall be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rohan

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:15 am

I think it depends on whether you can justify the days spent outside were for work/health matters etc. You will need a letter from employer if they were for work.

dimsav

Re: Days outside country

Post by dimsav » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:17 am

Do these 210 days include business trips, holidays, annual leave absences (each less than 90 days in one go)?

If yes, then exclude them from your calculation, as these may be disregarded provided you have clearly continued to be based here.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:44 pm

rambobambo
Newly Registered

hope this helps

Post by rambobambo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:00 pm

I stayed out for 204 days and got my ILR I provided details why I had to stay out for so long as my father was unwell. Look for my previous post and that will give you more info. I think you will get it just state why you stayed out for so long. I had applied in person at cardiff, if it helps

fahadz1
BANNED

Re: hope this helps

Post by fahadz1 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 pm

rambobambo wrote:I stayed out for 204 days and got my ILR I provided details why I had to stay out for so long as my father was unwell. Look for my previous post and that will give you more info. I think you will get it just state why you stayed out for so long. I had applied in person at cardiff, if it helps
how i can check your previous posts ? did u give any evidence that you were out as ur father was ill ?