ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Out of Work in 4th year (Tier 1). Effect on ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nineteen

Out of Work in 4th year (Tier 1). Effect on ILR

Post by nineteen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:17 am

Hi in 4 th year, I was out of work for 8 months (health and market reasons), so my P60 has very less gross amount.

But now I am working (Tier 1 general).

As we need to submit P60. will case worker is going to check the gross amount in each P60.

Does anyone went into similar situation?

thanks for help.

PG1983

Post by PG1983 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:09 am

From my limited knowledge, I think that on a Tier 1 visa you are allowed to be out of work as long as you are not claiming benefits. So it shouldn't have an effect on your application.

nksg

Re: Out of Work in 4th year (Tier 1). Effect on ILR

Post by nksg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:00 pm

You should be fine as long as you have not claimed any benefits...
nineteen wrote:Hi in 4 th year, I was out of work for 8 months (health and market reasons), so my P60 has very less gross amount.

But now I am working (Tier 1 general).

As we need to submit P60. will case worker is going to check the gross amount in each P60.

Does anyone went into similar situation?

thanks for help.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:54 pm

nksg wrote:You should be fine as long as you have not claimed any benefits...
Not entirely true IMHO. Perhaps, the senior members can throw some light. The OP could have claimed JSA - Contributions based (not income based) and would have been fine.

Contri based JSA is not a public fund AFAIK.

Yes, if the OP had claimed any other benefit (which are public funds) then it would have been a matter of concern.

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:36 pm

??
need_a_tier1 wrote:
Not entirely true IMHO. Perhaps, the senior members can throw some light. The OP could have claimed JSA - Contributions based (not income based) and would have been fine.

Yes, if the OP had claimed any other benefit (which are public funds) then it would have been a matter of concern.

need_a_tier1

Post by need_a_tier1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:54 pm

need_a_tier1 wrote:

:lol:

rg1
Member of Standing

Post by rg1 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:46 pm

You need to show last 3 months income for ILR. Myself & some of my friends were out of works for 2-3 months. It didn't cause any problem. However, my friend has to wait till he got another job and could last 3 months earning at ILR application day.

Prior to that doesn't matter as long you can show economic activity covering part of HSMP period.

nineteen

Post by nineteen » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Thanks to every one for reply.

Did not claimed any benfefits.

Yes economically active.

regards.