ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MOving to Germany. Please advice.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

denispearl

MOving to Germany. Please advice.

Post by denispearl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:47 am

Hello. I hoping to get British passport in 2 years time. By then Ill be 32 y.o. male. I do have Business degree from one of the UK universities. Native russian and fluent Polish, very good English. Hopefully within 2 years time ill get some relevant to my degree job expereince.
My questions are:
IS it possible to find a job in GErmany quite easy with my skills and degree?
Would it be possible to find a good job if German is not good or rather poor, and only using English and sale to Russia ( for example)?
Of course Ill be learning German.

Any other advices?

I do really like Germany and well, German girls :)

Thanks for any help

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:02 pm

Do you have just Russian citizenship right now?

This is a hard question to answer in the abstract. But the nice thing is that you are living close to Germany and so it is easy to fly over to see people about jobs.

You might want to sign up for one of the job boards now to get a sense of how things move. monster.de is or was one.

Also, you might want to start studying German. Even if your German is not excellent before you go, it will indicate that you are serious about learning. Plus your English seems good, so you clearly have a talent for languages.

Finally note that a lot of people in eastern Germany speak russian, mostly from learning it in school in DDR times.
Last edited by Directive/2004/38/EC on Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

denispearl

Post by denispearl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:13 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Do you have just Russian citizenship right now?

This is a hard question to answer in the abstract. But the nice thing is that you are living close to Germany and so it is easy to fly over to see people about jobs.

You might want to sign up for one of the job boards now to get a sense of how things move. monster.de is or was one.

Also, you might want to start studying German. Even if your German is not excellent before you go, it will indicate that you are serious about learning. Plus your English is good, so you clearly have a talent for languages.

Finally note that a lot of people in eastern Germany speak russian, mostly from learning it in school in DDR times.
So if they are speaks russian good - more competition on job market for me then. IVe got Belarussian passport atm. I have started lesrning German by now and will carry on.

What about my Business degree? Would it be much use or work experience counts?
Also does Germans know that German education is better then British one??:)

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:18 pm

They like degrees in Germany. But they also like experience.

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Re: MOving to Germany. Please advice.

Post by Pakhtoon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:12 pm

denispearl wrote:
Liking Germany is very understandable, I also like Germany for more than one reasons but German girls ?? are you serious ?? Have you ever been to Germany ?

They say 'If you see a beautiful girl in Germany, she must be a foreigner' and having been to Germany quite a few times ( Frankfurt, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Cologne ), I agree with that statement 100% !!
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:33 pm

Pakhtoon -- You should visit Germany again. Try the south!

denispearl

Re: MOving to Germany. Please advice.

Post by denispearl » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Pakhtoon wrote:
denispearl wrote:
Liking Germany is very understandable, I also like Germany for more than one reasons but German girls ?? are you serious ?? Have you ever been to Germany ?

They say 'If you see a beautiful girl in Germany, she must be a foreigner' and having been to Germany quite a few times ( Frankfurt, Berlin, Dusseldorf, Cologne ), I agree with that statement 100% !!
I cant say anything. Ive met many - AMAZING!!!
British - never!!!