ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need information regarding EEA Permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anavinraj
Newly Registered

Need information regarding EEA Permit

Post by anavinraj » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:55 pm

Im an Indian national working in India.
My Girlfriend is Lithuanian National living in UK and working there.
She is working under Worker Registration Scheme.
We have been in relationship for past more than 3years and last year in 2009 she came to meet me in India and we spent good and memorable time together and we decided to marry.
Now we are planning that she would come to India we marry here in India and than to apply for EEA permit.
My concern is what are the basic requirements and important topic of concern in order to apply for EEA permit.
Any kind of help will be appreciable.

Navin Raj
Sr. Developer
[Moderator edit: No advertising]
Bhopal , India

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:49 am

how/where did you meet the A8 national. You may be asked to prove that you know each other, The HO might see this as a Sham marriage as recently many such cases have surfaced where people from the sub continent have married A8 nationals just to gain entry in the UK, and then withing 3-4 years the love just disappears. I am not saying that you are doing the same, but you should be ready for a thorough check by the HO.

the eea national is working on WRS so seems to be exercising treaty rights. If things check out for you, you can apply for a FP / RC to join the EEA national in the UK.

anavinraj
Newly Registered

Post by anavinraj » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:17 pm

bobobo wrote:how/where did you meet the A8 national. You may be asked to prove that you know each other, The HO might see this as a Sham marriage as recently many such cases have surfaced where people from the sub continent have married A8 nationals just to gain entry in the UK, and then withing 3-4 years the love just disappears. I am not saying that you are doing the same, but you should be ready for a thorough check by the HO.

the eea national is working on WRS so seems to be exercising treaty rights. If things check out for you, you can apply for a FP / RC to join the EEA national in the UK.
Thanks for replying.
The thing is we met through internet and we have been in relationship for past more than 3years and in 2009 she came to india to meet me and we spent memorable time together.
I also introduced her to my family , she calls me everyday from UK we do talk to each other through SKYPE.
We do have our pics , we do have letters , we do have witnesses.
And we arent doing this to get entry to UK or something.
Just its too long that we are apart now just we want to stay together.

If you have any kind of knowledge so do share it
thanks in advance :)

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Why doesn't she move to India or you move to Lithuania if being together is the purpose ? I am not asking that but ECO will.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

Ramada
Newly Registered

Post by Ramada » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:30 pm

well for this i already know the answers :D cmon ppl tell all the doubts its gonna be easier for us to prepare :)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:17 pm

See also Guidance
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:44 am

Ramada wrote:well for this i already know the answers :D cmon ppl tell all the doubts its gonna be easier for us to prepare :)
Are you the OP? :?

Ramada
Newly Registered

Post by Ramada » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:25 pm

well yeah.. im OP

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:17 am

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:00 am

well this will need a lot of hard work, I do not what to offend anyone at all but just something that hit my head - since 2004 I have seen that the ladies from the A8 countries have suddenly become hot property where as I havent seen many people from the sub continent falling in love with Romanian / Bulgarian nationals. Does ring an alarm bell somewhere doesnt it, Am I the only one who thinks this happens. I have seen people who want to get married to their EEA fiance but before marriage there main concern is the divorce.....

I find this hard to believe and so will the HO find it hard to believe, specially when 2 people meet ove rthe internet and there is nothing common between them.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone just stating the obvious.
anavinraj wrote:
bobobo wrote:how/where did you meet the A8 national. You may be asked to prove that you know each other, The HO might see this as a Sham marriage as recently many such cases have surfaced where people from the sub continent have married A8 nationals just to gain entry in the UK, and then withing 3-4 years the love just disappears. I am not saying that you are doing the same, but you should be ready for a thorough check by the HO.

Thanks for replying.
The thing is we met through internet and we have been in relationship for past more than 3years and in 2009 she came to india to meet me and we spent memorable time together.
I also introduced her to my family , she calls me everyday from UK we do talk to each other through SKYPE.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:55 pm

All that OP(s) need to do is convince the ECO that the relationship and marriage is genuine. Just as any one else needs to do when applying as spouse. Simple!

One doubt you must clear. Others (if any) are minuscule, in comparison.

regards

anavinraj
Newly Registered

Post by anavinraj » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:14 pm

I know that there are people in this world are getting married to enter in EU area but it doesnt mean that all are same.
If she or i would be seeking an advantage or something so for sure she would not come to meet me and i would not think to get married with her.
We have been in relationship for past 3years
We do talk to each other all nite long , i dont sleep and she doesnt too.
Our friends family everybody knows , and there are many more things available as proof and if u talking about people leaving each other so its not only people from internet but normal couples are also getting divorced.
Just im sorry if im rude or something just i dint like and i respect what u said cause u talking from experience and im talking from ma heart.

bobobo wrote:well this will need a lot of hard work, I do not what to offend anyone at all but just something that hit my head - since 2004 I have seen that the ladies from the A8 countries have suddenly become hot property where as I havent seen many people from the sub continent falling in love with Romanian / Bulgarian nationals. Does ring an alarm bell somewhere doesnt it, Am I the only one who thinks this happens. I have seen people who want to get married to their EEA fiance but before marriage there main concern is the divorce.....

I find this hard to believe and so will the HO find it hard to believe, specially when 2 people meet ove rthe internet and there is nothing common between them.

I am not pointing fingers at anyone just stating the obvious.
anavinraj wrote:

Thanks for replying.

Ramada
Newly Registered

Post by Ramada » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:25 pm

u know guys whats really pissing me off, that those ppl who really wants to get into other countries faking that they having business trips, faking their tickets, and u know what, these ppl who faking everything getting visas. I read sooooooooo many stories about those fake marriages, but the main thing in all of them... they r hiding that fact from everyone, we not hiding anything everyone knows about us. I understand that it sounds strange, ive been seeing ppl reaction for years when they hear our story, but how ppl can blame relationship? its a part of private life innit? and for a couple who r married not to allow to be together its going against simple human rights and human nature.

Nimitta
Member of Standing

Post by Nimitta » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:48 pm

Ramada wrote:I read sooooooooo many stories about those fake marriages, but the main thing in all of them... they r hiding that fact from everyone, we not hiding anything everyone knows about us. I understand that it sounds strange, ive been seeing ppl reaction for years when they hear our story, but how ppl can blame relationship? its a part of private life innit? and for a couple who r married not to allow to be together its going against simple human rights and human nature.
First of all, you will have to prove that your relations are not fake at the British consulate, not to us. I personally incline to believe you, however it will not help you in any way to get what you want, i.e. the entry clearance to the UK. Right?

Second of all, you are not a couple that wants to be together, this is not the whole truth. The whole truth is that you are a couple that wants to be together in the UK, which is not exactly the same. If you want to enter someone's home because "you want to be together" expect questions to be asked. You must agree, it is in human nature to ask guests who come to your home and say they want to be together there. The host might not mind you living at her home, but she wants to be sure the gusts are not making fool of her.

Get prepared, collect photographs, letters, evidence of spending time together etc.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Mate you do seem to have ample knowledge about human rights...but people do misuse these and its not wrong to doubt everyone unless they can prove otherwise. People fake plenty of things unfortunately love and marriage to EEA nationals is one such thing. Hence you have to prove that the relationship you are in is genuine. I am not saying you are one of those who do this, but you will need to convince the ECO.
Ramada wrote:u know guys whats really pissing me off, that those ppl who really wants to get into other countries faking that they having business trips, faking their tickets, and u know what, these ppl who faking everything getting visas. I read sooooooooo many stories about those fake marriages, but the main thing in all of them... they r hiding that fact from everyone, we not hiding anything everyone knows about us. I understand that it sounds strange, ive been seeing ppl reaction for years when they hear our story, but how ppl can blame relationship? its a part of private life innit? and for a couple who r married not to allow to be together its going against simple human rights and human nature.