ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interviews are very tough in UK

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Rao_Bang

Interviews are very tough in UK

Post by Rao_Bang » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:16 pm

Hi

Interviews are very tough in UK now. Lot of competation.
most of the companies are conducting 3 to 4 rounds of interviews.
Every company is conducting IKM online exams.
Lot of preparation is needed to crack the interview in less number of days.

Regards
Rao

gotcha
Member of Standing

Re: Interviews are very tough in UK

Post by gotcha » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 am

Rao_Bang wrote: Interviews are very tough in UK now. Lot of competation.
I do not understand purpose of this post. I think you got job in first month itself. Was expecting something positive from you.
Rao_Bang wrote: Every company is conducting IKM online exams.
You cannot speak from every company, can you?
Rao_Bang wrote: Lot of preparation is needed to crack the interview in less number of days.
That's always case, back home ,too.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:40 am

Rao_Bang wrote:Hi

Regards
Rao
Rao, this sounds more a rant than an actual post to give info or advice to someone. From the grammar, tone and language used in your post I am not surprised you have to go through a zillion rounds before being made an offer.

And as Gotcha mentioned - this is specific to only your case and not general at all - I have given so many interviews all they have only had TWO rounds - no crappy written tests and what not if companies hire experienced resources.

From the sounds of it, you seem to be applying to Indian Companies operating in the UK which then makes sense as its only such companies that ask irrelevant questions not factoring in the common sense to ask the right question based on a candidate's true knowledge and seniority

KP

Rao_Bang

Post by Rao_Bang » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi Guys, Please do not take my post in negative way.

-Rao

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Rao_Bang wrote:Hi Guys, Please do not take my post in negative way.

-Rao
Rao - Agreed but you too should not just create a new post that has no meaning nor any substantial proof and for you to make it seem like a very generic experience - I guess this is what you faced across your interviews but I did not so it will help others to know such things also happen but it isnt at all true for ALL interviews

KP

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:54 am

Rao is your purpose to scare everyone? You have stated that interviews are damn tough...can you also mention, how did u manage to get through such tough interviews? What is the approach you used? You can help others giving some useful tips.

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:35 am

kenfrapin wrote:
TWO rounds - no crappy written tests and what not if companies hire experienced resources.

KP
Loads of companies (and especially the best ones) make applicants take an exam. I know tons of people that lie about their work experience. It's much easier for a company to give you a test and see if you know what you're talking about rather than contact everyone of your references and ask them if you are just talking crap.

I also think it's perfectly okay for the OP to vent about his experiences. This forum is for humans and I think it's really fuked up that people can't just have a vent and not actually give advice.
I tell it like it is.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:19 am

Elena - you are right in what you say but do not quote me and take my statement out of context. I clearly stated that in MY CASE it has always been 2 rounds of interviews.

Also, the reason for my post and again, stated very clearly, is the context in how it was posted. By all means, have a go and vent all your frustration out here BUT once done, put a foot note to state that it was his specific experience and not a common phenomenon for the general public.

That's all I wanted to state and I think I did that quite clearly in both my previous posts. BTW - I have interviewed as well with many Top Firms and also had a few offers on the table and never had to give a written exam till date - it just all depends on your profile and type of work you do so again, its not valid as a generic statement on this forum

Edit - In Rao's specific case, he has put this post well AFTER putting up another post stating he secured TWO job offers - so not very sure why he was venting stuff out. Totally forgot about that!

KP

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:27 am

KP-you're right. You did say in your situation (that's my bad).

I didn't realize the OP said he had two job offers. No venting needed in that case :P .

P.S. we should totally have a vent section on this board.
I tell it like it is.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:58 am

I back you on that as well Elena!!!
But then we all have to be ready for the wonderfully constructed and inventive English and grammar that will be used on such posts.....guess it will be fun though :)

KP

Mohanfromblr
BANNED

Post by Mohanfromblr » Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:11 pm

Rao_Bang wrote:Hi

Regards
Rao
Mr Rao
Somewhere in the forum you said that you have got 2 offers on 3rd Sep,2010
Then why again are you talking about interviews?