ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-entering the UK with your RC but without your partner

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adolma999
Newly Registered

Re-entering the UK with your RC but without your partner

Post by adolma999 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:47 am

HI
I am getting a bit confused here. I have the RC stamped on my passport. Germany allow the entrance if you hold Passport with UK residence card and if you are accompanying your partner.

1) What happens if I am entering Germany (only for 10 days) with my wife but leaving Germany without her (as she intends to stay a bit longer) and I am not holding a schengen visa ?

2) Can I re-enter the UK alone without my wife if I have a UK residence card and my wife is temporarily still in Germany or another place in the world?

3) Do I need to carry my marriage certificate to prove that we are married?

Thanks

simple_shoes
Newly Registered

Post by simple_shoes » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:00 am

1)2 weeks ago my EEA husband was supposed to accompany me to the airport when I was leaving Poland and he was staying there. We were alerted about this when we entered poland. When I was doing my passport control I was asked if he was with me.

2) re-entering UK alone was absolutely fine, I have taken EU line, no landing card presented and my passport was not stamped

3) yes, it is always better to carry the certificate of marriage. in Poland they were asking it on the boarder when we were entering. We had not taken it with us, what caused long and embarrassing discussions with polish boarder agents.

Anyway, prepare that boarder agents may not know a lot about the RC, so be ready to explain them what it is. I've printed out some documents from EU website about the RC holders rights. Next time I will also refer to the information from european country embassy.

hope this helps.[/quote]

hunpak
Member of Standing

Post by hunpak » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:02 am

that shouldn't be a problem, i just came back while my wife was in hungary, they asked me where is my wife and whats her birthday i told him that she is at work and thats her DOB, thats it no stamp and nothing.. easy pizzy..
Next Mission
Get my MOM EEA Resident Document

DFDS.

Post by DFDS. » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:24 am

hunpak wrote:that shouldn't be a problem, i just came back while my wife was in hungary, they asked me where is my wife and whats her birthday i told him that she is at work and thats her DOB, thats it no stamp and nothing.. easy pizzy..
Sure if your residency Docs were issued by the UK, and you are returning to the UK, do they have to ask for the whereabouts of your partner!

Sounds like RC holders have got restrictions on travelling.
Relax! and this too shall pass, secrets are like seasons, they change.

desi_parrot
Newly Registered

you wont believe this

Post by desi_parrot » Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:52 am

well guys i have RC valid till 2014 bein a non eu family member
me and my mrs both living and working in the uk . she is Eu national
we wanted to go to germany for a week holiday.
we contacted german embassy . do i need visa for short stay being eu family member if i hold RC
german embassy said . u can travel without visa.
when we landed at frankfurt airport.. immigration and border force.. refused to accept it . and i had to come back to uk
i was explaining him i m a family member of eu. but he didnt listen any thing kept saying UK is not in schengn.. etc tec
totally ................
so better get a visa before travelling . my advice
i was travelling in august 2010
thanks
kash
Last edited by desi_parrot on Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

avjones
Diamond Member

Re: you wont believe this

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:15 am

desi_parrot wrote: they are fukin illetrate people.. with few english skills..
Before being so rude about German speakers' ability to speak English in Germany, bear in mind that your own written English is pretty awful.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Guerro
Member of Standing

Post by Guerro » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:33 am

Did you go to germany alone or with your wife on the same flight?

desi_parrot
Newly Registered

hi

Post by desi_parrot » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:56 pm

i was with my wife .
we had all the documents as well and marriage certificate.. as well
i printed off germany embassy website page. where they did mentioned you dont need visa being a eu family member
but after landing there. story was totally different
so sad. waisting almost 700 pounds on tickets..
and got nothing.