ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

khuddar

Waiting time

Post by khuddar » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:05 am

Have recently got married in September and submitted application for Spouse Visa on the 30th September. It obviously takes awhile, but i sometimes wonder why it takes that long. I recently came across a case where a woman got her visa in less than two weeks, and this was a spouse visa.

Now she was in USA and was applying to come over to Britain and maybe the USA work alot better and quicker than some places. Sometimes it probably does depend on how much information you have given or the caseload.

Really a spouse visa shouldn't take long. I don't think Entry Clerance Officers realise the frustation and trauma that the wait can cause. I don;t think the support staff realise it at times either.

To be honest they way i see it, i am a British Citizen with a British Passport, i have got married and my wife should have automatic right to come over. That is what i believe it use to be but thanks to some nice people who abused that system, the people who did it the right ended up suffering.

Spouse Visa from my view should take no more than 3 weeks and a best maybe a month and half.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:37 pm

It does vary hugely depending on the place of application.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

khuddar

Waiting time

Post by khuddar » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:02 am

Yes that is true. Applying for spouse Visa in Asia probably takes longer than in other places.

The woman who applied in America to join a husband in uk got it in less than two weeks. Many Spouse Visa applications are not complicated, it is a simple case of one partner wanting to live in the country where the person they married lives.

Why it takes close to 2/3 months sometimes more is beyond me unless there is something that needs checking, even then the wait is frustrating.

How long can it take to check payslips, bank statements, details on home, proof of contact, marriage certificate?

Non-one will ever convince me it takes that long.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:06 am

It depends on where it is. There are a lot more applications from places which are visa national countries - for example, in America, a visitor doesn't need a visa. From Pakistan, everyone does.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

hope10
Newly Registered

Post by hope10 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Khuddar, I totally agree with you that there seems to be very little understanding of the "frustration and trauma" that this causes.

I hope you hear soon and that it is good news.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:55 pm

Thanks Hope. I will never ever understand the lenght it takes. Even if my application is successful, (from all who have seen my documents they say there shouldn't be a problem) i will still have a issue with the time it takes.

If it were up to me i would change the length time and make in compulsary that all settlement applications should be resolved within a month. Then again it isn't up to me!

Let me hope i can get a reply in less than 60 days and hopefully it is good news.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:15 am

Good luck, hope you get a positive answer soon.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:51 pm

Thanks Avjones, i hope it is aswell.

I pretty much provided what i can, Payslips, Bank Statements, Letter from Employer, Copy of Passport, Marriage Certificate, contact proof in e-mails, letters.

Lets hope it works out.

davenice
Newly Registered

Post by davenice » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:43 pm

Same here. My wife and I also submitted a spouse visa application 2 weeks ago, following our wedding. I have been back in the UK, without my wife, for a week now and its be tough playing the waiting game. I am not even sure they have started looking at the application yet as the status on the tracking website has not been changed since submission. To think they charge a thousand US dollars for such 'service' ...

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:59 am

Hey davenice. Yeah i know the feeling mate. I just can't digest it takes that long. It does as someone said varies on where you applied. It does tick me off when i hear some say their visa didn't take long.

Considering the fees they charge you would expect them to work a bit better and quicker. I agree with you on that. I do remember one person saying that he had contacted them about the time ti was taking and apparently one staff member said they are not looking on completing the process in a hurry, that really sums it all up.

While it may not be the same for other places, some places from my point of view need a review or shaking up. The U.K office should really look into this but they won't because their probably not keen on bringing people here that quickly no matter what emotional, mental trauma this causes.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:12 pm

I was talking to a guy at work about the Visa and he described a time where he would call to keep track on the application. There were so manu instances he said he called and no-one picked up. When he did get throught there would refuse to give him answers about where the application was despite him being the husband and him being the sponsor.

He even mentioned about there might be some sort of scheme going on that the workers get bonus if they fail or delay a application. If that is the case it is really a bad scheme and should be scraped. He did also say that they use to give answers quicker before but he doesn't know why things have changed.

davenice
Newly Registered

Post by davenice » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:53 am

khuddar, my spouse's visa has finally been issued. 3 weeks after submission. I hope yours come through soon.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:08 am

davenice wrote:khuddar, my spouse's visa has finally been issued. 3 weeks after submission. I hope yours come through soon.
That's quick! Congratulations

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:40 am

Hey Davenice, congratulations. Boy that was quick. Best of luck to you. Still waiting for my reply mate. Been 3 weeks and two days, nothing yet but we will see.

Congrats to you anyway.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:42 am

Just to ask you Davience, where did you apply from for the Visa? My one was submitted at the Ahmedabad Office in Late September.

davenice
Newly Registered

Post by davenice » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:47 pm

Thanks khuddar, avjones. We submitted our application in one of the visa forwarding centres in Lagos, Nigeria.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:04 am

Hey Davenice, looks like the staff at the Nigeria Office work quicker than the ones in Ahmedabad.

It frustrates me when others Visa's get done quicker than others, yes individual cases may vary and it depends where you apply. However they will never convince me the time it takes is fair especially the fees they charge.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:41 am

Hey everyone just a update on my wife's application. Nothing has still come but maybe will hear from them sometime next week.

Wife's birthday coming on November 10th hopefully some news before that. Will leave the ranting on the time it takes this time.

kazmataz
Newly Registered

Post by kazmataz » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:15 pm

Hi,

A friend of mine called her husband over earlier this year. It took 6 days to process the visa.

A family friend's wife got her visa in 2 days.

So there are people that are getting visas really quickly even though 12 weeks is advertised. I suppose its just pot luck sometimes as well :(

Hope you get good news soon!

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:29 am

Hey Kazmataz gets more frustrating when others get their visa in a very short time compared to you but i guess one of those things.

Where did they apply?

My wife's visa was applied for in Ahmedabad, India and they are not know to be quick. I have heard some "very nice" things said about how the staff work there and to be honest even in Asia as a whole.

kazmataz
Newly Registered

Post by kazmataz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:09 pm

Hi,
One was in Mirpur, Pakistan and the other was in Lahore, Pakistan.

Going to apply for my wife soon in Karachi, Pakistan.

Let's just hope that we both get good news sooooon :D

Peace

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:01 pm

Hi mate, yeah i really do hope so. Its been a month since we applied, i am hoping we hear something sometime next week.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi everyone just a update on my application. Still nothing has of yet. We are now in the fifth week of the application and with the Diwali celebrations it might be unlikely we hear anything this week. So i guess onto next week we go.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:24 am

I forgot to ask but was wondering is there anyone else who has applied at the Ahmedabad Office?

Seems like i am the only one at the moment.

khuddar

Post by khuddar » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Half way into the sixth week of the application still nothing. It is my wife's birthday aswell, i really wish we could have been together, her first birthday as a married woman and i her husband who loves her to bits is not with her, such is life i guess.

ECO and staff will never understand, they just don't get it.