ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FMRS Full time allowed?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tapash

FMRS Full time allowed?

Post by tapash » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi, I am still under tier 4 visa till april 2011. My wife is registered with WRS. Sent application for FMRS today. Just wondering can i work full time now? or do i have to wait till the application is being processed?
regards

Pakhtoon
- thin ice -

Post by Pakhtoon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:13 pm

I have applied for visa for UK and the application is being processed. Can I travel to UK now ? or do I have to wait till I get the visa ?

Common sense is a blessing.
“Terrorism is the war of the poor; war is the terrorism of the rich.â€

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:27 am

Pakhtoon wrote:I have applied for visa for UK and the application is being processed. Can I travel to UK now ? or do I have to wait till I get the visa ?

Whatever you belief common sense is but if you tried an analogy here it may very well be flawed as we are talking about EEA law. Personally, I would think that if the EEA national is allowed to work this right would also extend to the non-EEA family member in this case of A8 nationals. And FMRS can only be applied for if WRS has been confirmed by the UKBA already. Unfortunately, I do not have a proper reference that could back that up.

tapash

Post by tapash » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:44 am

86ti wrote:
Pakhtoon wrote:I have applied for visa for UK and the application is being processed. Can I travel to UK now ? or do I have to wait till I get the visa ?

Whatever you belief common sense is but if you tried an analogy here it may very well be flawed as we are talking about EEA law. Personally, I would think that if the EEA national is allowed to work this right would also extend to the non-EEA family member in this case of A8 nationals. And FMRS can only be applied for if WRS has been confirmed by the UKBA already. Unfortunately, I do not have a proper reference that could back that up.
Thank you 86ti for your opinion. can anyone confirm this please!! thanks in advance....