ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can I apply before 12 salaries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abb
Newly Registered

can I apply before 12 salaries

Post by abb » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:33 pm

Hi all,

As per UKBA;
The period of earnings we will assess
Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must fall within the 15 months before your application.

but it also says;
You do not need to be in continuous employment during the 12-month period being assessed, so:

you can claim for a period of earnings less than 12 months; and
earnings do not have to be from a single employer and can be from full-time, part-time, temporary or short-term work.

So my quey is that can I apply with Salary range from Apr'10-Jan'11(10 Salaries).
Thx!

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: can I apply before 12 salaries

Post by aspirant99 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:35 pm

abb wrote:Hi all,

As per UKBA;
The period of earnings we will assess
Earnings must be made up of 12 consecutive months and must fall within the 15 months before your application.

but it also says;
You do not need to be in continuous employment during the 12-month period being assessed, so:

you can claim for a period of earnings less than 12 months; and
earnings do not have to be from a single employer and can be from full-time, part-time, temporary or short-term work.

So my quey is that can I apply with Salary range from Apr'10-Jan'11(10 Salaries).
Thx!
Yes, as long as you get the required points...good luck!!

abb
Newly Registered

Post by abb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:09 am

Hi,

But I am confused, as in one statement they are requiring 12 consecutive salaries and in other line they are saying that one can apply before 12 months, can u explain this, logically it looks fine that even if i qualify on 10th salary I can apply.

Thx!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:30 am

abb wrote:Hi,

But I am confused, as in one statement they are requiring 12 consecutive salaries and in other line they are saying that one can apply before 12 months, can u explain this, logically it looks fine that even if i qualify on 10th salary I can apply.

Thx!
You can even apply with one month's salary, if you get enough points.

See page 17 of Policy Guidance which says

105. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.

abb
Newly Registered

Post by abb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:34 am

aruni4470 wrote:

Thx!
You can even apply with one month's salary, if you get enough points.

See page 17 of Policy Guidance which says

105. An applicant may claim for a period of earnings of less than 12 months if they have earned sufficient funds to claim the necessary points.
Wow its a great information, thx indeed for sharing. :D

abb
Newly Registered

Post by abb » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:52 am

Hi,

I will appreciate if someone can eloborate the following

"You may claim for a period of less than 12 months, but these earnings will not be considered on a pro rata basis",

what exactly mean by pro-rate basis here, does this gonna affect the Multiplier rate anyway.

Thx!

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:48 pm

I will appreciate if someone can eloborate the following

"You may claim for a period of less than 12 months, but these earnings will not be considered on a pro rata basis",

what exactly mean by pro-rate basis here, does this gonna affect the Multiplier rate anyway.

Thx!
Pro-rata mean proportionate.

It means, if you get £20k in a period of 6 months as income, you cannot claim that I would have got £40k in a year and claim points for £40k where your actual earnings were only £20k. Is it clear or did I make it more complicated? :)

Simple, you can only claim what you actually earned.