ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Complication guidance for Dependent Visa for Baby

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dikey2809

Complication guidance for Dependent Visa for Baby

Post by dikey2809 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:39 am

HI I need Guidance for application of my daughter's dependent Visa.
I am on Tier 1 General Migrant I have completed 3 and half years.
My wife was on IGS visa, we ;both get married last year in INdia.
She applied for my dependant visa in UK last year and was advised to go back to India and file new application. So we filed new application from India last year, which was rejected and so we came back to UK to appeal against it.
In the mean time she delivered a baby girl in March 2010, the appeal was allowed and so we waited for my Wife's visa to be stamped than to apply for my daughter's tier 1 dependent visa.
My wife has to go to India to get her visa stamped, she went recently to India, my baby was in uk, with my relatives, my wife's visa stamping was refused by the Mumbai high commission, stating that they are not satisfied with the appeal allowed decision, so she was not able to come back.
I need guidance to apply for my daughter's tier 1 Dependent visa so that at least she has a legal way to travel,
At present I am keeping my daughter and i pay for her care taker.
Please if some one can guide me on her application of dependent visa and what documents will be needed.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:37 am

dikey2809

Post by dikey2809 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:53 am

Thanks for the reply, my query was as my wife is awaiting for my dependant visa, is my daughter still able to get my dependent visa here.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:03 am

IMO, it is better to take your daughter also to India and then apply for both of them from there.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:28 pm

Option 1

You can easily get visa for yoru daughter as your dependent. You can also do this on same day basis with UKBA.

Option 2
Send your daugter back to India and sponsor your wife and daugter together. This way baby can live with mother at least.

In your wife's new application try to address and remove previous objections.

Rahs
Newly Registered

Post by Rahs » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 pm

Your child is yours and was born in the UK. You will need toinclude proof of your paternity of your daghter. Birth Certificate and or birth medical record and any other relevant documents should be enough for in ideal situation.

At the extreme end, if you do paternity test(using UKBA approved Organsation).Including the result of the test in your application then you would have sealed the visa application for your daughter without any doubt.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 pm

Rahs wrote:At the extreme end, if you do paternity test(using UKBA approved Organsation).Including the result of the test in your application then you would have sealed the visa application for your daughter without any doubt.
Rahs, is the relationship of the child with the parents' in doubt in this case that you are suggesting a paternity test? It is a simple application for leave to remain / enter and the OP hasn't raised any doubt the child is not his/his spouse's!

regards

Rahs
Newly Registered

Post by Rahs » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:27 pm

Sorry if my comment sounds as if I said the father doubts his relationship with the child. The thought Process that I quoted as “extreme caseâ€

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:51 am

The OP was suggested to take his child to India and get the visa done as it would be easier on the parents and child emotionally. Taking into account him being a working parent and difficulty he might be going through and the child maybe missing the mother. Also to let the OP know (incase he doesnt already know) that the child doesn't need a visa to travel legally to his country of residence as long as the child has a passport.

dikey2809

Post by dikey2809 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:59 pm

Thanks all of you for your guidance.
I appreciate your cooperation.

dikey2809

Re: concerns for applying for my daughter's visa

Post by dikey2809 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:42 am

Hi I am in process to go to the premium services to apply for my daughter's visa.
Please guide me that do I need to provide any afidavit from my wife stating that she is India. Or it will be fine without it.
Because for issuing my daughter's passport the High commission of India requested to produce the affidavit.
What is the best way to book an appointment with premium services.