ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General application - some queries about salary.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mohammad24

Tier 1 General application - some queries about salary.

Post by Mohammad24 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:57 am

I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General.

I have 12 payslips for the last 12 months.

However, in my bank savings account passbook not every salary shows. For example salary figure for the month of October and July shows in the passbook.

But for some reason the bank computerised system did not print salary for the month of september in my savings account passbook.

Also as I was on holiday in August, so when I printed my savings book in September, it did not print for those dates of August on which I get paid, so the passbook does not show salary figure I got paid for month of August either.

However, the original 12 payslips that I have from the company show that I have been paid the salary of which figures are reflecting in the passbook only in the month of March, April, July and October 2010. It is not reflecting for the other months of this year because I did not print my statements in the savings passbook on a regular basis.

So does it makes any difference? or can I apply by submitting original payslips and original savings account passbook? I also have a letter from my company to state my position in the company along with the gross salary I get paid every month. But the letter issued by the company does not state the annual salary I got paid for the period of last 12 months. It only states monthly salary figure.

Please advice...

Regards.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1 General application - some queries about salary.

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:01 pm

Mohammad24 wrote:I am planning to apply for Tier 1 General.

I have 12 payslips for the last 12 months.

However, in my bank savings account passbook not every salary shows. For example salary figure for the month of October and July shows in the passbook.

But for some reason the bank computerised system did not print salary for the month of september in my savings account passbook.

Also as I was on holiday in August, so when I printed my savings book in September, it did not print for those dates of August on which I get paid, so the passbook does not show salary figure I got paid for month of August either.

However, the original 12 payslips that I have from the company show that I have been paid the salary of which figures are reflecting in the passbook only in the month of March, April, July and October 2010. It is not reflecting for the other months of this year because I did not print my statements in the savings passbook on a regular basis.

So does it makes any difference? or can I apply by submitting original payslips and original savings account passbook? I also have a letter from my company to state my position in the company along with the gross salary I get paid every month. But the letter issued by the company does not state the annual salary I got paid for the period of last 12 months. It only states monthly salary figure.

Please advice...

Regards.
You need to prove your earnings using proofs from two different sources. You cannot apply without your salary entries in your passbook. The letter from your employer and payslips are considered to be from same source so, it doesn't serve the purpose. So, try a get a statement printed on the bank stationery with all the salary credits.

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:22 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
You need to prove your earnings using proofs from two different sources. You cannot apply without your salary entries in your passbook. The letter from your employer and payslips are considered to be from same source so, it doesn't serve the purpose. So, try a get a statement printed on the bank stationery with all the salary credits.
Thanks for your reply.

Is it sufficient if I take statement printed on bank stationary or do they have to sign and stamp? The bank is willing to give it on a letter headed paper with the banks name and logo.

However, if I want to ask for statement with sign and stamp, then they give it on a different paper which (I think) is not bank's letter head but they sign and stamp the statements.

Salary figure for July and October is showing in my passbook. But since I will be applying now, so I need to show salary figure for August, Sept and October. However salary figures from August and September does not appear in the passbook. So, if I request bank to issue statement on their letter headed paper for the last 3 months, is that sufficient or do they have to sign and stamp it as well?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:37 pm

Mohammad24 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

Is it sufficient if I take statement printed on bank stationary or do they have to sign and stamp? The bank is willing to give it on a letter headed paper with the banks name and logo.

However, if I want to ask for statement with sign and stamp, then they give it on a different paper which (I think) is not bank's letter head but they sign and stamp the statements.

Salary figure for July and October is showing in my passbook. But since I will be applying now, so I need to show salary figure for August, Sept and October. However salary figures from August and September does not appear in the passbook. So, if I request bank to issue statement on their letter headed paper for the last 3 months, is that sufficient or do they have to sign and stamp it as well?
Does the bank not send postal statements? I would recommend you to get these original statements posted than taking risk with these statements printed from the branch (if you have time). Because there is always an element of doubt with these statements. There a number of topics discussing about these bank statements.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=65333
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61709

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 1:52 pm

aruni4470 wrote:
Does the bank not send postal statements? I would recommend you to get these original statements posted than taking risk with these statements printed from the branch (if you have time). Because there is always an element of doubt with these statements. There a number of topics discussing about these bank statements.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=65333
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=61709
I will be applying from Thailand. In this country they don't post monthly statements by posts as there are electronic machines everywhere using which you can print computerized electronic statement on your savings account passbook.

If you don't print your passbook regularly, then the system does not print all your back dated statement because I think it stores in the history only for a limited number of backdated days. (I hope I am making sense here). So for this reason the salary figures of August and September do not appear on my passbook while figures of July and october appear.

I can request bank to issue statements with sign and stamp that they issue by charging a small amount. However, I am not sure if these statements are given on bank's letter headed paper.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:52 pm

If I was you, I would get these bank statements with sign and stamp and check if they have all the other requirements like logo, your name and account number, etc

Mohammad24

Post by Mohammad24 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:23 pm

aruni4470 wrote:If I was you, I would get these bank statements with sign and stamp and check if they have all the other requirements like logo, your name and account number, etc
On Tier 1 General Guide page, it says the following:

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant:

Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming.

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic.

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

So refering to the bold part, if I take a colored print out of my online statement from bank website and take it to bank requesting them to sign and stamp it, would that be sufficient too?

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:34 pm

Mohammad24 wrote:
aruni4470 wrote:If I was you, I would get these bank statements with sign and stamp and check if they have all the other requirements like logo, your name and account number, etc
On Tier 1 General Guide page, it says the following:

Personal bank statements showing the ii) payments made to the applicant:

Bank statements provided must be on official bank stationery, and must show each of the payments that the applicant is claiming.

If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account he/ she should also provide a supporting letter from the bank on company headed paper confirming that the documents are authentic.

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements will be accepted. This stamp must appear on every page of the statement. For the purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email).

So refering to the bold part, if I take a colored print out of my online statement from bank website and take it to bank requesting them to sign and stamp it, would that be sufficient too?
Please read the guidance carefully.

It clearly states that this kind of electronic bank statement are accepted only from online bank accounts which solely operates over the internet. If your account is one of those kind, then you can use it.