ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need a consultant?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Do I need a consultant?

Post by mobyshaikh » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:02 pm

As per the Tier 1 Calucalator and the current exchange rate I am just about on the border to qualify for the Tier 1. Of course I am on the right side of the border :o

I went to a consultant just to review my case. Consultant disheartened me that the borderline cases have a strong chance of getting rejected. They feel I should go through a consultant as they can ensure that documents are in proper order and chances of rejection are less.

Does his argument have any weight? If i qualify then I qualify right? Or do I need to be worried?

Thx,
Moby

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Do I need a consultant?

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:49 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:As per the Tier 1 Calucalator and the current exchange rate I am just about on the border to qualify for the Tier 1. Of course I am on the right side of the border :o

I went to a consultant just to review my case. Consultant disheartened me that the borderline cases have a strong chance of getting rejected. They feel I should go through a consultant as they can ensure that documents are in proper order and chances of rejection are less.

Does his argument have any weight? If i qualify then I qualify right? Or do I need to be worried?

Thx,
Moby
The consultant is absolutely wrong. You either qualify or you dont. If you qualify and submit all the specified documents as per the guidelines, you get your visa. They cannot reject your visa because you earned only £1 more than the required amount. Borderline or not, one should always ensure that the documents are in proper order. IMO..

geriatrix

Re: Do I need a consultant?

Post by geriatrix » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:51 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:Consultant disheartened me that the borderline cases have a strong chance of getting rejected. They feel I should go through a consultant as they can ensure that documents are in proper order and chances of rejection are less.
If they don't make you believe what they say is the bible then how will they make a living?

One needs a consultant / paid help when one is not confident that he/she has understood the policy guidance and/or can arrange for the required documentary evidence(s) by himself / herself! Otherwise, no need!

regards

mobyshaikh
Newly Registered

Post by mobyshaikh » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:54 pm

Thank You guys it makes a lot of sense. I am sure I can carefully prepare my document list and submit application myself, with help from this forum.

Just curious, if someone's case gets rejected, can we successfully appeal that? I mean if they raise a certain concern and we are able to satisfy them do they normally reverse the rejection?

Could a rejection be on the basis that applicant doesn't qualify? Let's say I calculated that I have the required 80 points and they came back for whatever reason and said no you only have 75 points.

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:39 pm

mobyshaikh wrote:Thank You guys it makes a lot of sense. I am sure I can carefully prepare my document list and submit application myself, with help from this forum.

Just curious, if someone's case gets rejected, can we successfully appeal that? I mean if they raise a certain concern and we are able to satisfy them do they normally reverse the rejection?

Could a rejection be on the basis that applicant doesn't qualify? Let's say I calculated that I have the required 80 points and they came back for whatever reason and said no you only have 75 points.
Check this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... /refusals/