ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Invoice verification for tier 1

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

enclave
Newly Registered

Post by enclave » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:47 pm

Hello everyone,, i m new to this forum and need u guys help. I had applied for Tier 1 general in Sept 10. I had shown my previous earnings partly from Employment and partly from Self - Employed. I came to know from my business contacts that they had received letter from case worker to verify the work which i had done for them.
However, not all my clients had received letter but most of them had got it.
Unfortunately, one of the business contact didn't send the positive reference, for the amount 150 GBP, Even after deducting that amount from my earnings, i will still have 37,100 as my earning left. My requirement was 35,000 GBP.

My concern is : - How long my application would take as it is already more than 50 days since i applied.

What impact the negative reference will have on my case,

Please humble request to everyone to give their suggestion and share their experience with regards to my case

faheem_tier 1
Newly Registered

Post by faheem_tier 1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:10 pm

my situation is same as urs........

2 weeks ago i had received a letter from the caseworker asking for sa300 statement of account and i sent it next day via special delivery, but since then its been nearly 3 months and no reply from HO.

I had contacted my business contacts and they haven't received any letter about confirming my invoices...... dont know what to expect now??

how much have u claimed as self-emplyed and what was the format of the caseworker's letter...i mean what did he/she actually ask your business client?

moto

Post by moto » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 pm

hi,
did u ask form ukba about the application.

faheem_tier 1
Newly Registered

Post by faheem_tier 1 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:04 pm

UKBA....."your application is awaiting further consideration"....dont know whats going on in the HO.....is it the staff shortage or something?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Re: Invoice verification for tier 1

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:51 am

enclave wrote:Hello everyone,, i m new to this forum and need u guys help. I had applied for Tier 1 general in Sept 10. I had shown my previous earnings partly from Employment and partly from Self - Employed. I came to know from my business contacts that they had received letter from case worker to verify the work which i had done for them.
Unfortunately, one of the business contact didn't send the positive reference, for the amount 150 GBP, Even after deducting that amount from my earnings, i will still have 37,100 as my earning left. My requirement was 35,000 GBP.

My concern is : - How long my application would take as it is already more than 50 days since i applied.

Please humble request to everyone to give their suggestion and share their experience with regards to my case
One of your clients did not send a positive reference then thats a problem. You can be accused of deception because UKBA is unable to verify the documents with your application.

Please see para 18 on page 7 of tier 1 guidance notes about verification checks and its consequences.

Just wait and hope for the best... there is nothing much you can do about it now.. You just need to wait and hope for the best.

when UKBA verify invoices they do not do one or two... usually they write to all of your customers/clients. Therfore get in touch with all of them and make sure they back up your claims.

faheem_tier 1
Newly Registered

Post by faheem_tier 1 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:00 am

does the Homeoffice give a specific timescale in which they wait for the verification to be done..... i mean a specific timescale to clients/customers

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:04 pm

faheem_tier 1 wrote:does the Homeoffice give a specific timescale in which they wait for the verification to be done..... i mean a specific timescale to clients/customers
Yes, they do usually and request/encourage clients to respond within 7 or 14 days in order to avoid further requests.

moto

Post by moto » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:20 pm

[quote="rizwan567"][quote="enclave"]Hello everyone,, i m new to this forum and need u guys help. I had applied for Tier 1 general in Sept 10. I had shown my previous earnings partly from Employment and partly from Self - Employed. I came to know from my business contacts that they had received letter from case worker to verify the work which i had done for them.

Please humble request to everyone to give their suggestion and share their experience with regards to my case[/quote]

One of your clients did not send a positive reference then thats a problem. You can be accused of deception because UKBA is unable to verify the documents with your application.

Please see para 18 on page 7 of tier 1 guidance notes about verification checks and its consequences.

Just wait and hope for the best... there is nothing much you can do about it now.. You just need to wait and hope for the best.

when UKBA verify invoices they do not do one or two... usually they write to all of your customers/clients. Therfore get in touch with all of them and make sure they back up your claims.[/quote]

hi,
if someone got more that 150 customers then how they can writ to everyone and wait for everyone to response. it will take them ages to verify the documents.
another thing if you have done the work then after that its not your responsibilty that the people should stick to that address where the work has been done, they can move to different addresses within one or two months in that situation how HO will verify if the person is not living at that address.
thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Caseworkers are supposed to consider these scanrios before making the decision.

If in unfortunate case of negative decison you should get a chance in appeal to justify yourself.

But hope for the best that you will be alright.

shoaibkhan622
Newly Registered

tier 1 general enquirey

Post by shoaibkhan622 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:31 pm

Same satuation here, applied 24 of november 2010 and case in in enquirey. 2 of my clients recieved the letters from case worker for varification which they did but don't know about others clients.I asked each and every person but they saying that they have not received any letter from home office.
Know its been 1 months since my clients replay them but still i am stuck .I loose my job and I have 3 dependat here in UK .I am paying rent, tax and a lot more but I got no job ,no earning from last 3 months.
I got my case worker detils from my clients and know so frustrated because of lack of job and financially strugling .I just want to ask is it good to write a letter to my case worker about my satuation and asked them to plase let me know where my case is stuck.so that we can move forward.
waiting for every one saggestion.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:34 pm

IF one customer is not replying or refusing , no harm unless the payment received in cash

on line transfer or cheque payment than u r going to win the case on ground of dispute with client .

but if payment deposited in cash and u have used cleint name and now client is refusing than u r in red , disputing than only disputed amount will be removed from income
CDOKS

tier1rishi
Newly Registered

hi

Post by tier1rishi » Wed May 11, 2011 7:50 pm

Hi Guys, i have applied my tier 1 visa in April...my income proofs were both salary and self employed... unfortunately one of my client is on holidays and will not be able to confirm the invoice verification for another 3-4 weeks.... do you guys know what will happen next..? any suggestions will be much appreciated...thanks

tier1rishi
Newly Registered

Post by tier1rishi » Sun May 15, 2011 4:50 pm

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:47 pm Post subject: Invoice verification for tier 1
Hello everyone,, i m new to this forum and need u guys help. I had applied for Tier 1 general in Sept 10. I had shown my previous earnings partly from Employment and partly from Self - Employed. I came to know from my business contacts that they had received letter from case worker to verify the work which i had done for them.

i hv got same problem....and m still above 35k i.e my requirement....any suggestions or advices will be highly appreciated.

thanks