ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referees for children register application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

obbieobbie
Newly Registered

Referees for children register application

Post by obbieobbie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:04 am

Hi

Can you please tell me can I use any two British citisen to be referee fo my kids application or one MUST be GP etc...?

Our GP doesn't want to sign document because they are not willing to give passport number and one child is 2years (still not in school so we cant get teacher to sign) .. Can we ast police officer to witness or any two british national (friends etc) ?

Thank you for answer

yusfaith

Re: Referees for children register application

Post by yusfaith » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:10 am

I am in a similar situation, I want to register my 2 kids, 1 and 4 years. The GP is not ready to sign it, I went to my daugther's school and was told that because my daugther is still in the nursery and they have not known her for 3 years, they can not sign it. I have got one person with a british passport already and I am now just going to get a colleague who is civil servant to sign the second ref.

obbieobbie
Newly Registered

Post by obbieobbie » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:57 pm

I can find some posts about same issue and some people use ordinary british citizens insted of GP and teachers...

in document is writen SHOUD BE not MUST BE so 2 british citizen I hope will be ok..

Can someone confirm this?

Thank you

arvKUM
Newly Registered

Post by arvKUM » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:11 am

obbieobbie wrote:I can find some posts about same issue and some people use ordinary british citizens insted of GP and teachers...

in document is writen SHOUD BE not MUST BE so 2 british citizen I hope will be ok..

Can someone confirm this?

Thank you
yes go ahead if kids are less than 5 referres are not an issue

Sky_High
Member of Standing

Post by Sky_High » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:08 am

Check with health visitor.

You can also request your GP to not provide his/her passport details and leave the field blank.

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:24 am

Read the Nationality Instructions, Volume 1, Chapter 6:

----

6.3.6.7 For a minor application one referee should be a person who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity, such as a doctor, teacher, health visitor, social worker or minister of religion. The other referee must be the holder of a British citizen passport, and either a professional person or over the age of 25.

Those acting in a professional capacity may not wish to provide their personal details. In such cases, we would be content for the person acting as a referee to put his or her business contact details. In addition, if the person does not wish their passport details to be seen by the person applying for citizenship, they can omit this from the form, entering “details available on requestâ€

obbieobbie
Newly Registered

Post by obbieobbie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Thank you all!

Here is the update..

Got GP signature (without passport number) and one British friend signed as well.

Documents send 8 days ago
payment has been cleared yesterday 12.Nov £567 for 2 kids.

We are waiting outcome and I'll let you know

Thank you