ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abz_
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa

Post by abz_ » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Hi, I just wanted to ask afew questions about the process of a spouse visa. I just started work not too long ago. I want to apply for a visa for my fiancee, who is in pakistan, to come to the uk after we get married. By that time i should have 4 months worth of payslips. Would that be enough? Also may you point me to detailed instructions on how to apply for her visa after we get married and how long it could take?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:32 pm

4 months payslips should be enough but would be strengthened by a letter from your employer confirming that your employment is permanent. You need 6 months bank statements.
After the marriage apply for further leave on form FLR(M). If you apply at the premium rate in person at one of the PEO's it should be decided on the day with an ID card issued within a week or so. Applications made by post can take up to 12 week to process.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:25 pm

who is in pakistan, to come to the uk after we get married
Casa, the applicant is in Pakistan and from the OP's comment it seems they are getting married in Pakistan.

Spouse visa requirement
Last edited by HRY2005 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Live and let live

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:34 pm