ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Marriage/HELP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Munkey
Newly Registered

FLR M Marriage/HELP

Post by Munkey » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:59 am

I have previously posted on this website and really did not receive much feedback from people who have been in similar problem as mine.

I have applied for leave to remain on the basis of being married to my husband who is British Citizen. I have been here since the age of 14. And at all times we have tried to get my status sorted, but nevertheless the issue is overstayed.

The FLR M application was refused last Oct 09, we then made further representation (solicitor did on my behalf)

The UKBA at one point wrote back saying that my husband was Naturalised British Citizen and has previously relocated and we can move to my country of birth.

We picked this up and sent further representation and the UKBA wrote back stating my application will be Re-considered this was on the 17th June 2010.

However to this date we are yet to hear anything. No decision no nothing. I have recently changed solicitors and my new representatives have sent further evidence and letter.

Has no one on this forum been through this before? Please share your experiences it will be a great help for me.

Please

daddy
Member of Standing

re

Post by daddy » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:56 pm

If you have stayed in UK for about 12 or 14 years illegally, i think that you would qualify for a stay if you apply for it, how old are you now? please research on this but there is a provision for this.

However, regarding your on going application, if you have a baby with your husband born in uk, then i think that you will be sorted with time but it may take a bit long.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Like what daddy already advised, if you've been here since you were 14, it depends on how old you are now. You may be eligible for ILR under the the ''long residence rule''.

DL or ''outside the rules'' application are not a quick option to regularisation, it could take a while to get it sorted. Dont give up and keep trying and let your solicitor keep chasing it up.
Live and let live

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:50 pm

Munkey wrote:Not sure if anyone else has been through this. It has been a long on going battle with the HO in regards to immigration application well over 13yrs.
If you've been in the UK for 14 years, as suggested above, you may consider applying for settlement under (14 years) long residence category.

regards

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Assuming you've not been here for 14 years, or your clock was stopped at some point by the HO serving a notice on you, it's a long, hard wait for this kind of application.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

Munkey
Newly Registered

Post by Munkey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:26 am

I am now 27.

It is a struggle. The clock stopped in 2006. before that I always had pending applications.
There was an appeal from 2000 which UKBA didnt give a court date for til a lot of pushing and hard work from my part and the appeal was heard in 2006. For different stay application.

I then met my husband and in 2007 had already sent another application to regularise my stay.

It is such a struggle.
A family member came here at an age of 24 and they got married the marriage broke down but still carried on staying here with no pending application and recently got married and applied and got their 2yrs souse Visa...

It is so frustrating to know that I have at every point tried to get this thing sorted and fallen back each time.

Would you guys think it will be easier and quicker to back and apply for entry clearence the only problem with that is that I have no one in Tanzania to stay with while my application is being dealt with.

I would have to stay in hotel and if the application was refused I would be stuck out there for months.

It is such a scary process.

Help, any feedback will be helpful and grately appreciated.