ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visitng visa refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tuteso
Newly Registered

visitng visa refusal

Post by tuteso » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:49 pm

i just applied to the British High Commision in Nigeria to renew my visa and i was refused visa under section 320(7A) with no right of appeal.In my application form I answered no to a question regarding previous conviction.
i had a driving offence and was supposed to appear in court this year feb.i turned up at d court 15mins late .the sheriff said he signed the warrant already.I later appeard in court and was fined 120£.
i was refused visa because i havent paid the 120£ fine.therefore its an unspent conviction.
firstly,will like to state the
-----i forgot about the fine completely probably because my visa was running out and had to leave the country asap
----also i had no money on me as i wasnt working at that point in time.
----also while i was filling my application form i had no idea that the unpaid fine was a conviction(since it wasnt a jail sentence) plus i had intention of paying the fine whn i go to the uk visiting
----i have lived in the uk for 5yrs)
---i hav no criminal record
----hav not overstayed in the uk before
---have not broken any immigration rule
--- am currently in nigeria permanently working as a project engineer.

how do i go abt it and how do i prove it wasnt intentional.
note:the original offence was a traffic offence which was later dropped.i hav all evidence with me
pls advice asap.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:48 pm

I think you'll need to get a solicitor for this one. I think it will be very difficult to prove these points without the help of one.

HRY2005
Member of Standing

Post by HRY2005 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:10 pm

I concur. You do need expert advice.
Live and let live

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:44 pm

Sheriff? Was it in Scotland?

What did you pay a fine for, failure to submit to court bail, or something like that?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

tuteso
Newly Registered

re:visa refusal

Post by tuteso » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:03 pm

avjones wrote:Sheriff? Was it in Scotland?

What did you pay a fine for, failure to submit to court bail, or something like that?
i have not paid the fine yet.the fine is for non appearance in court.was late to the court and a warrant was issued.yes its in scotland.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:16 pm

If you were fined, it will be unspent for 5 years.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.