ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt (Need Expert Opinion)

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Doubt (Need Expert Opinion)

Post by scorpio_besal » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:20 pm

i am (25 age) working as a team leader for an international call center out side canada and have been working
there for the last 5 years. would like to know under what category of
occupation list will my job profile fall as i am interested in
applying for immigration but could not find my job title in the list.

I have done MBA & 8 on IELTS and have got saving of more than $15000 in my savings

:roll: i would like to apply quebec skilled worker visa, do you guys think i would be eligible based on my profile(age,exp,qualification,saving,ielts).
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:48 am

Hi there

In terms of occupation you are in unit group 1213.

Your occupation is not in the list of shortage occupations, so you cannot apply unless you have a job offer.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:14 am

Thanks bro for helping with the NOC code

However i would like you to know that FSW (fed) had the requirement of having a job or occupation from 38 skill shortage list which are mentioned on the CIC website
Your occupation is not in the list of shortage occupations, so you cannot apply unless you have a job offer.
However the QUEBEC is different as they have there own criteria and does not say anything about having a occupation from the same list as of FSW and even on the QUEBEC calculator it does not talk about the same.

Please correct, if this is wrong

:?:
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:34 am

Regards,
A Mutant Member

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:16 am

Sorry, I kind of didn't realised you asked about Quebec specific application. I am not too clear on the Quebec specific rules vs the Federal rules. I just always assumed that to get into Quebec they'll want you to speak French too.

Can't really be of much help though!!! Hopefully someone else on here can.

raymasa2
Member of Standing

Re: Doubt (Need Expert Opinion)

Post by raymasa2 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:02 pm

scorpio_besal wrote:i am (25 age) working as a team leader for an international call center out side canada and have been working
there for the last 5 years. would like to know under what category of
occupation list will my job profile fall as i am interested in
applying for immigration but could not find my job title in the list.

I have done MBA & 8 on IELTS and have got saving of more than $15000 in my savings

:roll: i would like to apply quebec skilled worker visa, do you guys think i would be eligible based on my profile(age,exp,qualification,saving,ielts).
What was the result of your evaluation online at the Quebec's immigration website?

Ray

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:10 pm

It said that you qualify under QUEBEC skilled worker program however i am not sure with the options which were mentioned out there while choosing the education.

It does not show BACHELORS or MASTERS , there system is more off diplomas and all.

I mean , i clearly dont know how many points would i get for an MBA and would it come under BUSINESS MANAGEMENT which could fetch more points and would be considered prioritized while processing for PR under QUEBEC.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

giuseppenero

Post by giuseppenero » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:04 am

If you can't speak french you better at least be a brain surgeon to get into Quebec.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:08 am

giuseppenero wrote:If you can't speak french you better at least be a brain surgeon to get into Quebec.

hehehe.. thank god.. i am a brain surgeon :D
Regards,
A Mutant Member