ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying Tier 1 from India..after finishing UK onsite

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jack_daniel

Applying Tier 1 from India..after finishing UK onsite

Post by jack_daniel » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:42 am

Dear All,

I worked in UK on a Tier 2 visa for almost 3 years since Jan 2008.
Unfortunately my onsite assignment is about to finish and I'll be back in India soon.
By the time I decided to apply for Tier 1 the rules were changed.
I tried a lot to jump to a more secure and promising company who can sponsor my Tier 2 visa.
Nothing worked out but got a confidence to deal with the UK Job Market with my current UK exp.

My Question is :-
After going back to India if I intend to apply for a Tier 1 visa from India and come back to UK for work.
How soon will I be eligible do so.Do I have to wait for another 1yr for applying Tier 1 from India.
Bearing in mind my earlier Onsite assignment was from an Indian company who paid me Indian Salary apart from the per diems.

I hope the uplift ratio will be applicable to me if I'm working and applying from India.

Also ..
In case I'm coming back after 10 mnths or so. Will I be able to include my recent 3 yrs in UK to qualify for ILR.
Or any considerations wotsoevr.

(Keeping in mind the pace at which the Immigration rules are changing I've kept my fingers crossed)

Kind Regards
JD

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:47 am

1. You can apply anytime.
2. You cannot use the uplift ratio to the earnings if were physically present in UK when you earned them.

wf
Member of Standing

Re: Applying Tier 1 from India..after finishing UK onsite

Post by wf » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:00 am

jack_daniel wrote: In case I'm coming back after 10 mnths or so. Will I be able to include my recent 3 yrs in UK to qualify for ILR.
Or any considerations wotsoevr.
No, as the maximum single period outside of the UK is 3 months.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:41 pm

i believe there should not be any problem as long as you dont extend your stay outside more than 90 days in an year however i would advise you to refer to the UKBA website to get more information regarding ILR.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

geriatrix

Re: Applying Tier 1 from India..after finishing UK onsite

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:23 pm

jack_daniel wrote:I hope the uplift ratio will be applicable to me if I'm working and applying from India.
Not for income earned during the period that you were physically present and working in the UK.

regards