ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship for Dependant with ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gvamsimba

British Citizenship for Dependant with ILR

Post by gvamsimba » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:05 pm

HI,
Me and my wife have got our ILR in March 2010 under the 4 year HSMP Judiciary Review.

We are planning to apply for British citizenship in March 2011. But I just want to clarify about my wife's eligibility . She entered the UK in September 2008 under TIER 1 Dependant and got her ILR in March 2010 with me.

Can anyone please let me know if my Wife is eligible for ILR in March 2011 ?

Thanks
Vamsi.

vinny

Re: British Citizenship for Dependant with ILR

Post by vinny » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 am

gvamsimba wrote:She entered the UK in September 2008 under TIER 1 Dependant and got her ILR in March 2010 with me.

Can anyone please let me know if my Wife is eligible for ILR in March 2011?
I think that you meant
Can anyone please let me know if my Wife is eligible for naturalisation in March 2011?
No. If you wish to make a joint application, then both should satisfy the standard requirements.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

tonytee

Post by tonytee » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:26 pm

A quicker way - although a little more expensive - will be for her to apply as the spouse of British citizen as soon as you are one.

Tony

aosun007

Post by aosun007 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:33 am

No,its not possible for both of you to become British Citizen at the same time.
Your qualifying period is 5 years( 4 years hsmp+1 year ILR)).

Had it been your wife has been your dependant from the beginning of those qualifying periods spending the same number of years with you.both of you will qualify to apply the same day.

But good news is that immediately you become Britizen citizen,she can also apply to become Citizen having lived with you as the spouse of BC for 3 years coupled with the ILR already obtained by her.

she will pay the same amount like you.
the perfect reference to this post has been provided by our powerful moderator (Vinny).
Regards

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:18 pm

hi,

you had mentioned

But good news is that immediately you become Britizen citizen,she can also apply to become Citizen having lived with you as the spouse of BC for 3 years coupled with the ILR already obtained by her.

when does it start ? once you received the naturalisation certificate or after getting uk passports?

thanks

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:55 pm

any update guys please ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Hope2007 wrote:when does it start ?
Hope2007 wrote:once you received the naturalisation certificate
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:19 pm

Thanks vinny for replying.....

oh!...no need to wait until cermony & passport then...

let me explain fully...

they were not on depedant visa at all.....he was on his wp and wife was on hsmp....wife got ilr last year and is ready to apply for naturalisation certificate ..both lived in the uk for 5 years as couple...husband got ILR last month...

so you are saying , husband doesnt need to wait for 12 months...am i right? he can apply as soon as the wife gets naturalisation cert... but the husband is not her depedant ? can he apply ?(an immigration advisor told me this)

Thanks again....