ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1-VAF9-Queries

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

visaforv10

Tier 1-VAF9-Queries

Post by visaforv10 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:32 pm

Hi,

I have been in UK for last 28 months on dependant visa (my wife has got tier 2). I am planning to apply for tier 1 this December when I visit my home country. I have got two questions.

1. On the form VAF9 part 4, it asks for full residential address and in section 4.1 and full contact details in 4.5. I understand that I need to give my UK address details in 4.1 and India address details in section 4.5. Am I thinking right?
2. Can I apply from any visa centre in India irrespective of which contact details I give in section 4.5? (contact details of Delhi, can I apply from Mumbai visa centre?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

thelionking
BANNED

Re: Tier 1-VAF9-Part 4-Contact Details

Post by thelionking » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:49 am

visaforv10 wrote:Hi,

I have been in UK for last 28 months on dependant visa (my wife has got tier 2). I am planning to apply for tier 1 this December when I visit my home country. I have got two questions.

1. On the form VAF9 part 4, it asks for full residential address and in section 4.1 and full contact details in 4.5. I understand that I need to give my UK address details in 4.1 and India address details in section 4.5. Am I thinking right?

2. Can I apply from any visa centre in India irrespective of which contact details I give in section 4.5? (contact details of Delhi, can I apply from Mumbai visa centre?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
errr, with interim limits in place you'd probably be better off applying from within uk. why do you want to go and apply from india?

also, you have been living in uk for past 28 months ... so i am assuming your previous earnings is in uk? will probably make a lot more sense applying in-country in uk, avoid the limits and i am sure the eco in uk will have it easier checking your past work history/previous earnings points than the eco in any consulate in india.

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:52 pm

-----------------errr, with interim limits in place you'd probably be better off applying from within uk. why do you want to go and apply from india?

also, you have been living in uk for past 28 months ... so i am assuming your previous earnings is in uk? will probably make a lot more sense applying in-country in uk, avoid the limits and i am sure the eco in uk will have it easier checking your past work history/previous earnings points than the eco in any consulate in india.[/quote]----------

Yes, my previous earning is in UK.

I came here as a dependant of work permit holder ( now dependant of tier 2 holder). Hence, I can not apply in-country to get my tier 1. I must apply from my home country and get new entry clearance. That’s the reason I will be applying from my home country.

Any idea about the above queries?

Thanks

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:02 pm

visaforv10 wrote:-----------------errr, with interim limits in place you'd probably be better off applying from within uk. why do you want to go and apply from india?

also, you have been living in uk for past 28 months ... so i am assuming your previous earnings is in uk? will probably make a lot more sense applying in-country in uk, avoid the limits and i am sure the eco in uk will have it easier checking your past work history/previous earnings points than the eco in any consulate in india.
----------

Yes, my previous earning is in UK.

I came here as a dependant of work permit holder ( now dependant of tier 2 holder). Hence, I can not apply in-country to get my tier 1. I must apply from my home country and get new entry clearance. That’s the reason I will be applying from my home country.

Any idea about the above queries?

Thanks[/quote]

Who said that?

See the guidance here, of course you can apply form within uk, in fact you should only apply from uk.

see this link: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... switching/

Can you switch into Tier 1 (General)?
If you are in the UK and you want to switch into Tier 1 (General), you must currently have permission to stay here in one of the following immigration categories:

Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
Innovator
Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
International Graduates Scheme (or Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme)
Postgraduate doctor or dentist
Student (under the Immigration Rules in force until March 2009)
Student nurse
Student re-sitting an examination
Student writing up a thesis
Work permit holder
Businessperson
Self-employed lawyer
Writer, composer or artist
any other Tier 1 category
any Tier 2 category
any Tier 4 category
dependent partner of a Tier 4 migrant

So, even if dependents of students (tier-4) can apply in-country, surely dependent of tier 2 can ... you'd come under 'any Tier 2 category'

bouqet777

Post by bouqet777 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:46 am

Better check with home office directly may be you are right becuase if they say "any Tier 1" or "any Tier 2" category that might be that there are many sub categories under those tiers such as Tier 1 (Entre) PSW or Tier 2 WP / ICT's etc;

There is a reason they did not mention Tier 2 dependent....so better check with HO - call them!

Also keep in mind if you apply from india there is interim limit going on and there is a risk invloved becuase of monthly limit issued as limit for December has already gone (as per post from some guy on this forum)

Good luck

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:37 am

thelionking wrote:So, even if dependents of students (tier-4) can apply in-country, surely dependent of tier 2 can ... you'd come under 'any Tier 2 category
The OP cannot switch (i.e. - make an in-country application) because 245C(f) is not satisfied.

regards

thelionking
BANNED

Post by thelionking » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:47 am

so dependents of tier 1 (g) can't either?

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:00 am

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Dear all,
Please could you answer my original queries?
Thanks

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:41 pm

thelionking wrote:so dependents of tier 1 (g) can't either?
No, for the same reason.

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:46 pm

Thank you in advance.

Regards
1. Yes.
2. No.
VFS India wrote:You should normally apply at the VFS visa application centre in, or closest to, the state in which you are documented as being resident.
You'll also need to provide (home country) address proof to be able to submit application at the VFS centre.

regards

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Thanks sushdmehta for the reply,

As I am now resident of UK, I am not sure which documents can be submitted as an address proof in my home country. I have only got passport and driving license issued from India. These are more like identity proof. Will these work as an address proof? I could not find anything mentioned about this on the policy guidance as well.

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:06 pm

visaforv10 wrote:Thanks sushdmehta for the reply,

As I am now resident of UK, I am not sure which documents can be submitted as an address proof in my home country. I have only got passport and driving license issued from India. These are more like identity proof. Will these work as an address proof? I could not find anything mentioned about this on the policy guidance as well.

regards
A copy of ration card, utility bill or bank statement (if any, in your name) etc. should work. But do check with local VAC.

regards

visaforv10

Re: Tier 1-VAF9-Queries

Post by visaforv10 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:40 am

Thank you in advance.

Regards
I have got two more questions.
1. In the previous earning section (appendix 1, part 4.9) it asks to provide full contact details in case they want to verify the earnings. Do we need to give name of any person/s in HR/Accounts for this purpose or we just give address and phone no. of the company? Was just wondering what happens if the person whose details we have given is not available to verify the details on the day visa officer calls to verify it?
2. As a proof for educational qualifications (appendix 1, part 3.4) I am planing to submit both degree certificate and transcript. Shall I tick both the boxes available?

Thanks in advance.

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:41 pm

I have got three more questions.
1. In the previous earning section (appendix 1, part 4.9) it asks to provide full contact details in case they want to verify the earnings. Do we need to give name of any person/s in HR/Accounts for this purpose or we just give address and phone no. of the company? Was just wondering what happens if the person whose details we have given is not available to verify the details on the day visa officer calls to verify it?
2. As a proof for educational qualifications (appendix 1, part 3.4) I am planing to submit both degree certificate and transcript. Shall I tick both the boxes available?
3. I have got original bank statements for maintanance and previous earning proof. Is it required to get sign and stamp of bank even on original bank statements?

Please advise

Thanks in advance.

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 pm

visaforv10 wrote:I have got three more questions.
3. I have got original bank statements for maintanance and previous earning proof. Is it required to get sign and stamp of bank even on original bank statements?

Please advise

Thanks in advance.
Hi friends,

Any idea about above questions and one more question below.

4. My wife is in UK on tier 2 and I will be applying for tier 1 from outside the country. For the question below what should I write?
“Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?â€

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:26 am

Sushdmehta….I started new thread as I thought my earlier post has lost in so many here and I would not get reply am asking for…..anyway rephrasing my questions below. Could you please advise or anyone who has got any idea/experience.

1. As my wife is in UK and I will be applying for tier 1 from outside the country. For the question below (VAF9, PART 5a, 5.1) what should I write?

“Is your partner accompanying you or joining you later?â€

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:04 am

One reason for you not be getting any response(s) to your queries may be the fact that people have answered these questions time and time again, and expect that you make an effort to search the forum for answers already available on the forum.
e.g. - these posts answer Q1 adequately.

IMHO ....

regards

visaforv10

Post by visaforv10 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:22 pm

sushdmehta wrote:One reason for you not be getting any response(s) to your queries may be the fact that people have answered these questions time and time again, and expect that you make an effort to search the forum for answers already available on the forum.
e.g. - these posts answer Q1 adequately.

IMHO ....

regards
Thanks sushdmehta for that

All the posts you have mentioned say that his/her partner is not going to join them now but will join later so the answer would be 'NO'. In my case my partner is already in the UK So shall I write NO or NA. I tried to find this in the forum but could not get the reply

can you please advise?