ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Extension and Traffic Offences

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aaa123
BANNED

Tier 1 Extension and Traffic Offences

Post by aaa123 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:15 pm

Hi,

I have a question about minor traffic offences, are they vitally affecting to Tier1 Extension, ILR and Neutralisation?

What is Major offence and how does this affect??

Thanks

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 Extension and Traffic Offences

Post by mtuckersa » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:25 pm

aaa123 wrote:Hi,

I have a question about minor traffic offences, are they vitally affecting to Tier1 Extension, ILR and Neutralisation?

Thanks
could you elaborate a bit more on the offence

aaa123
BANNED

Post by aaa123 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:28 pm

mtuckersa wrote:

Thanks
I mean just general minor offences, e.g. you have hit someone elses vehicle but no one has injured and you handed them your insurance...etc.

lesbere
- thin ice -

Post by lesbere » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:53 pm

aaa123 wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:

Thanks
I mean just general minor offences, e.g. you have hit someone elses vehicle but no one has injured and you handed them your insurance...etc.

No it does not affect it unless its one with a criminal background like drink driving, dangerous driving, failing to follow highway codes.. no insurance, fake blue badge, but parking tickets and speed fines like 1 or 2 miles over the legal limit will not affect you. If you read the higway code you will get an idea which ones carry criminal offence.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:51 pm

i had 3 speeding points SP50 and I had no issues with my extension.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:57 pm

If its no court than ok.

aaa123
BANNED

Post by aaa123 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:55 pm

innocentdevil wrote:i had 3 speeding points SP50 and I had no issues with my extension.
situation is different now

Cantara
Newly Registered

Post by Cantara » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:35 pm

aaa123 wrote:
mtuckersa wrote:

Thanks
Hi all,
I recently had to pay a fixed penalty notice for driving without MOT. Will that affect my Tier 1 (G) Visa extension/ILR in anyway?
My case is similar to the one on this post
http :// www .mbclub .co.uk /forums/driving-incidents-roadrage/51016-no-mot-out-3-days-fixed-penalty-help.html

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:12 pm

Only fixed penalty issued by courts matters,nothing else.Only courts fines even if its 1 pound,but we have to wait what UKBA do,as many have moroting convictions by court with fine.For minor offences sometime court issue fine,so now if they enforced on ILR than anyone with court foine have too wait for 5 years.
Hoope so Ukba don't include motoring offences.

Cantara
Newly Registered

Post by Cantara » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:18 pm

ssoct98@hotmail.com wrote:Only fixed penalty issued by courts matters,nothing else.Only courts fines even if its 1 pound,but we have to wait what UKBA do,as many have moroting convictions by court with fine.For minor offences sometime court issue fine,so now if they enforced on ILR than anyone with court foine have too wait for 5 years.
Hoope so Ukba don't include motoring offences.
You mean wait for 5 more years for ILR after the initial required 5 years in UK? So in all if there is a court conviction, the person would have to wait for 5 + 5 years?

mtuckersa
Member of Standing

Post by mtuckersa » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:04 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... character/

Your criminal record

We will carry out criminal record checks on all applications from people aged 10 and over. You must also provide details of all civil proceedings which have resulted in a court order being made against you. You must give details of all unspent criminal convictions. This includes road traffic offences but not fixed penalty notices (such as speeding or parking ickets) unless they were given in court. You must include all drink-driving offences. An explanation of unspent convictions is given below. If you have an unspent conviction, your application for citizenship is unlikely to be successful. You should wait until the end of your rehabilitation period before applying.

What is an unspent conviction?

If you have been convicted of a criminal offence you must declare your unspent convictions but do not need to declare ones that are spent. A conviction becomes spent after a certain period of time has passed (we call this the rehabilitation period). The length of time it takes for a conviction to become spent will depend on your sentence. It starts from the date on which you are convicted. The period may be shorter if you were aged under 18 at the time of your conviction. If you have been sentenced to more than 30 months in prison for a single offence, this can never become spent. Your application for citizenship is therefore unlikely to be successful. If you have been convicted of a criminal offence but the rehabilitation period has passed by the time you make your application you do not need to provide details of the conviction on your application form. If you were convicted of a further offence during the rehabilitation period of your original conviction, the rehabilitation period for your original conviction may be extended. If you have been convicted of a criminal offence and the spent period has not passed you must include details of the conviction on your application form. If the conviction is unspent at the time of your application, it is unlikely that your application will be successful. For further guidance on the rehabilitation period, please see Guide AN. Information on how a conviction becomes spent, and a chart providing examples of rehabilitation periods for various sentences, can be found in the Good Character section of this guide. Offences for which you may go to court or are awaiting a hearing in court You must provide details of any offence for which you may go to court for or are awaiting a hearing in court. This includes any offences for which you have been arrested and are waiting to hear if you will be formally charged. If you are living in Scotland you must provide details of any recent civil penalties.
If are arrested or charged with an offence after you have made your application you must let us know.

ssoct98@hotmail.com
- thin ice -

Post by ssoct98@hotmail.com » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:22 am

Yes have to wait for 10 years if u get 1 fine by court,Its for ILR I don't think so for extensions also they include,If u get fine of speeding by court than have to wait for 5 years,as after 5 years its spent,Looks to be too much I am hopefull they don't include minor offences in it,but never know.

jarenee
Newly Registered

Post by jarenee » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:28 pm

the criminal record for traffic offences wil affect your application for citizenship, but will it affect the extension of a tier 1 general visa?

maximus321
Newly Registered

URGENT HELP

Post by maximus321 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi.
I have been asked to come to court for an offence that I did not commit. It was regarding me not declaring that I have sold my car (which eventually was involved in a traffic offence) I am on Tier 1 (part 1) and due for an extension next year.
I have appealed not guilty against the court as I believe that I should get the justice as I sold the car in February and the offence was committed in April. I have written 2-3 times to DVLA informing about this.

Kindly advice. I am really worried and upset.

Thanks

Karan

cpq.hims
BANNED

Post by cpq.hims » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:46 pm

guys i was reading this post and had a similar problem, today i passed a speeding camera at the speed of 40 however the limit was 20, i feel so stupid right now, would it hav any affect on extension, n how do you know weather you get a fine from court or who else gives u fine - as ukba website says it will be a problem if fined by court?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:04 pm

Reading this topic should help.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!